Hash, Inc. Forums

Wannabe Tutorials

largento

• Admin
I thought for my own purposes, it might be neat to deconstruct the Animated Christmas Greeting I did a few months ago and discuss what I learned and how I solved some of the problems and what I thought succeeded and what didn't.

Would anybody (besides me) find that helpful or useful?

Most definitely!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really covered just about everything I wanted to cover with these tutorials. (I was really just wanting to pass on the few things about modeling in A:M that were gate-openers when I first started learning.)

However, I thought for my own purposes, it might be neat to deconstruct the Animated Christmas Greeting I did a few months ago and discuss what I learned and how I solved some of the problems and what I thought succeeded and what didn't.

i would enjoy

seeing how it was all done :)

Me too! I really liked that animation!

I tried to do the same thing as I went along with my project. If I forget what I learned it's all there so even I can go back and refresh my memory. ;)

I also found that documenting your own work makes your brain see it in a different way.

I often think of new things I wouldn't have without writing it down...

"Holy cow? I did it like that? What was I thinking? It would have been easier to do it this way."

-vern

Cool! Thanks, everybody!

That's kind of what I'm thinking, Vern. Getting a "hind sight" look in hopes of improving for the next work.

I think I've gotten far enough away from it now.

I'll start a new thread and begin at the beginning and work my way through.

I plan to document all my big AM projects from now on. Do a "blog" kind of thing. It's a fantastic way to have the history of it. It isn't that much extra work even if you don't render and upload something and just write down what you did or a new discovery. I've already gone back a few times to my OWN documentation because I wasn't sure how I did something.

-vern

• 3 months later...

Remembered this the other day and went searching for it.

This was the first of the comic book page tutorials I did. This is about CP Weighting. I wanted to put it in with the others.

cp_weighting.gif

Thanks, Gerry & Home!

Don't want to misdirect anybody, this *isn't* a new one. This is actually the first one I ever did that was just on some random thread about weighting. I came across the original file and thought it would have more visibility here.

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Glad to hear they're still valuable!

These were fun to do and it was great to be able to pass along the little "lightbulb" concepts I'd learned that helped in my understanding how to use A:M.

• 5 months later...