Hash, Inc. Forums

Bone Falloff?

Rodney

• Admin

I am realizing that this simple concept (Bone Falloff) is eluding me in ways I can't quite express.

Is there a reference or example of ideal use for Bone Falloff?

Alternatively, perhaps someone can walk me through a basic usage scenario?

This is opposed to CP weighting except that I assume CP weighting is actually a means to define/refine Bone Falloff.

Sorry if this is too vague a question.

It seems to me that Bone Falloff should be a very simple concept and yet that simplicity eludes me.

As such I'm looking for a very basic use case/example that demonstrates the basics.

Here's a basic 101... the glowing yellow sphere's can be regarded as 'spheres of influence', adjust accordingly. I left them at default settings for this example. Bone Falloff is not an alternative to weighting, rather it works in conjunction. I would weight first, as I did in this example... then set and calculate bone falloffs on a one-by-one basis.

temp3.jpg

• Hash Fellow

Thanks Robert.

Interestingly, I don't have permissions to wherever that link goes.

I'll have to look into that.

Hmmm...

That used to be a public thread but now the path looks like this (copied from the top of the page)...

• Admin

Interesting.

I can't see anything that would be private in those topics.

I believe those topics (in the private area) were being prepped for final refinement and (re)publishing as a form of updated documentation.

As the champions of that particular documentation project have moved on to other endeavors it's safe to say they can and should be placed back in the pool of general information.

I'll collapse a few extraneously deep branches within the A:M Answers area as well.

• Admin
I'll also note that if I try to edit the first post of my tutorials compilation, everything in that post disappears :o

I get something similar.

Perhaps that is a glitch with IPB and post lengths?

I do see that if I Right Click on Edit and select 'Open in new window' the post correctly opens for editing.

So, try that.