Hash, Inc. Forums

John Bigboote's Pass The Ball movies

Hey Spliners!

I HOPE people are still considering making a 'PASS THE BALL' movie for this years movie. I finally got off me 'duff and made one or two (3 actually) this week... and, hopefully to inspire folks...I'll post them here!

THIS ONE is to be the main title, and will serve to 'get the ball rolling' as it were...

MC_PTB_Title_small.mov

Thanks Nancy!

The baseball movie is sort of autobiographical about my last day in baseball. I was on a minor-minor-minor(AAA) league team and was called upon to bunt in what is known as a 'suicide-squeeze'.

Both look incredible, Matt!

I'm working on mine as I write this. It's a little complicated, but I should have no problem getting it done by the deadline.

... the deadline.

Thanks for mentioning the deadline, Largento!

I BELIEVE we were 'shooting' for a June 1st deadline... so far I have but a handful of entries, and most of them are MINE! I'm hoping most folks have theirs done but are still tweeking and awaiting the immortal 'last moment'...send those movies TO mcampbell at gwstudio dot com

HERE's the low-down again from the pinned post:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT IS IT?

The 'Pass the Ball' was not a competition, it was a short movie made by the Hash forum in 2006. The criteria was simple... have a ball, or similar object- enter from frame LEFT, have your character(s) interact with it for a few seconds, and have it exit frame RIGHT. Will Sutton then cut the entries together with some music and came-up with this:

PASS THE BALL

http://www.hash.com/amfilms/search/entry.php?entry=1080

I have volunteered to collect and compile the clips (Unless someone else really wants to.). We have a musician who has volunteered music... at this point we are having a healthy/positive conversation about the simple rules... those being:

THE RULES:

-participants will make a unique cartoon/movie with the ball entering screen-left(your left) interacting in the screen (whatever you want) and exiting screen right.

-participants can enter as many as they want.

-movie parameters: 864W X 486H @ 30 frames-per-second (3 second minimum/9 maximum)... we will place this on Youtube HD. The final copy will also be made available at D1 letterboxed resolution for those wishing to burn a DVD.

- A 'ball' will be made available as a common file. However, those wishing to use their OWN model as the 'ball' can do so.

-Movie files will be sent via electronic delivery by JUNE 1, 2009. TO mcampbell at gwstudio dot com

If these rules sound 'jiggy' with everyone...away we go!

________________________________________________________________________________

Most have been coming to me at around 5 to 7 megabytes... I would try to keep it under 15mb. The Quicktime H234(or something like that) set at 'best' should do the trick, providing your animation is not 20 seconds or more in length...

Hey Spliners!

I HOPE people are still considering making a 'PASS THE BALL' movie for this years movie. I finally got off me 'duff and made one or two (3 actually) this week... and, hopefully to inspire folks...I'll post them here!

THIS ONE is to be the main title, and will serve to 'get the ball rolling' as it were...

I love the opening, with the jar of bubbles, and the bubbles. and cool baseball.

I too like the opening with the bubbles! Thanks Matt for taking the time to put this thing together. I too have an entry that I will be posting/submitting very shortly ... although it will probably be considered a little "odd" ... but then again so am I. :)

Bruce