Hash, Inc. Forums

Wavy model - splines keep changing

Having a strange problem I've not encountered before.

running V15 on OSX 10.68

Built a simple set for the current short, all straight lines. They were all scaled in the respective axis to make sure they were straight and level, then peaked. Model was saved.

When I open the model in the next session the splines have reverted to non peaked. Redid that and re saved. This happened several times yesterday. Today the problem recurred, so it was reset again.

This is what it looks like in the model window.

set_model.jpg

But, when I go to the chor

The model looks like this

Chor.jpg

Has anyone else had this trouble and, if so, how can you fix it ?

regards

simon

• Admin

I think we are missing some important information here (in your screenshot).

At a guess I'd say that most likely the model did not get saved or... you keep using a model with the presaved spline layout (i.e. the Project file perhaps points to an external model that is saved separately.

Other things could be going on as well.

The model could have been peaked in a Pose, Action or Chor Action or... in some way in time.

This is most often the result of changing something on an advanced frame in the Timeline while thinking the change took place on Frame 0.

Does the model move at all over time?

Also, I'm curious as to why there are multiple splines showing in the second screen cap indicating there is a depth to this box/floor.

At any rate, it seems to me that the shape has a spline continuity issue and that may be related to what you are seeing.

If all of the splines are really straight you shouldn't even have to peak them.

The easiest way to be sure would be if you can post the model.

• Admin

The only way I was able to recreate a similar look on my end was to tweak a Bias Handle while in the Chor. (When everything is selected in Modeling Mode while in a Chor and altering Bias will change the Bias for all splines.)

Perhaps you accidentally did that while placing/scaling the Model in the Chor and so it is changing your model each time you open the project.

That should be easy enough to check via any Actions that appear to be applied to that Model in the Project Workspace.

Rodney

Thank you once again for your help.

Here is the model.

I checked in the chor but there were no actions on the model that I could find.

I did find the model had been embedded but is now saved separately. I'll try closing and re opening and see if that helps.

regards

simon

Why_Set.mdl

I haven't included the decal as I didn't think that would affect the mesh ?