Hash, Inc. Forums

How do I get the red keyframing frame off?

Hello. I just returned to the A:M Forum because something weird happend to my 3D viewport. A red font apeared on my screen (I don't even know what I pressed, but it suppose was a big mistake and I know it has to do with keyfreaming). I think this is a very stupid question but how do I get that off? I would be glad if you could explain to me. If I'm not very clear, here's the thing Im talking about.

red font.jpg

• Admin

Hi Jack,

Good to see you!

It looks like you've got Animate Mode's visual red framing turned on.

In Tools/Options on the Global tab make sure there isn't a checkmark in the option to reverse the Animate Mode warning.

Some folks like to know whether what they are doing will be animated (creating keyframes) or won't.

ToolsOptions Animate Mode Reversed.png

• Admin

If on the other hand you just want to turn Animate Mode off then click on the A (Animate) icon on the menu bar.

This is where reversing the red frame can be useful as you can then have it warn you if Animate Mode is off (or on).

TurnOnOffAnimateMode.png

If on the other hand you just want to turn Animate Mode off then click on the A (Animate) icon on the menu bar.

This is where reversing the red frame can be useful as you can then have it warn you if Animate Mode is off (or on).

Thanks for your help, Rodney.

• Hash Fellow

I'll add that in 99.9% of animation circumstances you want the "A" Button to be ON (red).

When it is OFF, new keyframes won't be made and any changes you make to the scene will change previous keyframes.