mborok

New User

• *A:M User*
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Mark Borok
  • Macintosh

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:28 PM

I bought the software from Hash, received the PDF file with the registration code, installed the program, but when I launch it I get the "wrong host for license" error message. I've emailed Hash support about this, but haven't heard back yet.

#2 Rodney

Rodney

A:M Bot 14309

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6926 posts
  • Rodney Baker
  • *Admin*
  • Illinois (not Japan)
  • subscriber
  • Windows

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:05 AM

Mark,

First, welcome!

I've never received a pdf file with activation code from Hash so that's the first thing I'd check... to make sure it was actually an activation code you entered and not some other thing.

If you purchased via the online store you should be able to login to the store and retrieve your activation code there.

If it is the code itself then you may want to contact Jason directly at jason @ hash.com (no spaces) as he's likely to get that email more directly.

Hope they have you up and running smoothly soon.

"Animation is 90 percent hard work.  The other half is entirely mental!"
See my effort to think about the art of animation at: My Blog
Want to learn A:M? Start TaoA:M

#3 mborok

mborok

New User

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Mark Borok
  • Macintosh

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:52 AM

OK, I heard back from them and was told to delete a certain file, which I will do. (I never actually got a chance to enter the activation code, as the program would not open). Another question; I read that A:M is keyed to each individual computer. Most programs I know of allow you to run on two computers, as long as it's not simultaneously and I was hoping to install it on both my home and work computers. I'm also planning on upgrading my home computer soon. Should I expect to have to contact Hash support for a new license key each time this happens? I'm asking here because I don't want to bother support with this question.

#4 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23902 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows
  • Programmer:NO

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:32 AM

The A:M subscription is indeed keyed to the computer it is installed on and not transportable. For a second computer you will need an additional license.

Two A:M licenses will probably be less than most software that permit running a program on two computers with one license.

On your upgrade... I'd wait until i got the upgrade done and then get the license for the new computer. Simpler all around.

Robert Holmén
------

Got an A:M question? Come to Live Answer Time.   Saturdays, Noon CDT (1700 GMT)

Watch the 2017 "Summer Memories" Image Contest Awards

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

87,848 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#5 mborok

mborok

New User

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Mark Borok
  • Macintosh

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:06 AM

Yeah, I think that would be best. Fortunately still have my old copy of A:M 2006 to get myself back up to speed in the meantime, although it only runs on my old G4 Mac. Thanks.

#6 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23902 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows
  • Programmer:NO

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:58 AM

Yeah, I think that would be best. Fortunately still have my old copy of A:M 2006 to get myself back up to speed in the meantime, although it only runs on my old G4 Mac. Thanks.

If you have Windows on your mac you could download the installer for that version and run it with  your CD.  That may be more capable than the old OS9 version.

ftp://ftp.hash.com/pub/updates/

Robert Holmén
------

Got an A:M question? Come to Live Answer Time.   Saturdays, Noon CDT (1700 GMT)

Watch the 2017 "Summer Memories" Image Contest Awards

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

87,848 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users