Photo
- - - - -

Thought I'd check back in . . . OPEN CL on AM ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 a.quaihoi

a.quaihoi

Apprentice

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Aldrich J. Quai Hoi
  • Melbourne, Australia
  • Mac/Win

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

Hi all, wooaahhh, long time not on here, love the see - " lifetime subscription for $299 " - thank you very much for that ! Ok, life took a left turn some where and now its back on track, the content of AM in my blood was lacking my body told me, ok at this very moment, I am installing OS X Mavericks on Mac Pro I got given, I will get the ram upgraded to at least 12 - 16 gb and Nvidia Quadro FX 4800 as well - soooooooooo . . . . can AM now use Open CL / CUDA etc ?? This Mac Pro is early 2008 - so its got 4 HD bays - so that means I can use one for Mac OS X, one for windows and the other two for storage or other Os etc. Just interested to see who this has progressed, can t wait to dive in again - STL export to boot as well - can't wait to play with this !!!
" If you think it's gonna cost you to hire a professional, wait until you hire a amateur " . Some Guy.

Aldrich Quai Hoi
---------------------------------------------------
Creative Artist
aldrich@inkorporativ.com

www.aldrichquaihoi.com | www.silikongraphics.com | www.inkorporativ.com | www.benzina.com.au

#2 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23736 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows
  • Programmer:NO

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:22 PM

Welcome back!

can AM now use Open CL / CUDA etc ??

No. Steffen spent some time trying to implement OpenCL but it didn't get reliable results or a substantial speed increase. Rendering is quite a bit faster now however due to improved coding.

long time not on here, love the see - " lifetime subscription for $299 " - thank you very much for that !

Just to clarify... although that version doesn't expire after a year like the $79 version, the updates are for version current at purchase time.

From Hash.com...

Never expiring Version of A:M for $299.00

bound to one computer

license never expires and gives updates for the same major-version

so after Hash moves onto the next version number, there won't be additional updates for the last version number.

For example, A:M is now on v18 so there are no more updates for v17, but if you have the $299 version of v17 your license will not expire and you can keep running it.

Robert Holmén
------

Got an A:M question? Come to Live Answer Time.   Saturdays, Noon CDT (1700 GMT)

Watch the 2017 "Summer Memories" Image Contest Awards

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

87,848 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users