Hash, Inc. Forums

Insect Image Contest Results Announced!

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

For the record, the full contest results...

Congratulations for our three medalists: :clap:

1st place Gerald (Fuchur) also will receive a Hash Siggraph jacket.

2nd place Matt (John Bigboote) also won a caricature by Largent

3rd place Kevin (detbear) also won 1$ TX lottery ticket money

Receiving a "Top 5" certificate will be:

Nancy (nancygormezano)

Paul (faealba) also won 2$ TX lottery ticket money

Steve (Shelton)

(Paul and Steve tied at 5th)

The rest of the top 10 finishers will receive a "Top 10" certificate:

(in alphabetical order)

Jason (thejobe)

John (johnl3d)

Rodney (Rodney) also won a caricature by Largent

Roger (Roger) also won a caricature by Largent

The medals are a work in progress which you can follow on the forum in WIP.

The certificates are expected to include a seal that reproduces the imagery of the medal, so those will be waiting for the medal to get done as well. :rolleyes:

Mark Largent is handling the fulfillment of the caricatures.

TX lottery winnings will be sent by me via PayPal.

Thanks for taking part, I hope it was enjoyable for everyone to test their skills in the Insect Image Contest!

:yay:

• *A:M User*

Cool! I won a caricature!

Congrats to the folks that won, I really liked Fuchur's ladybug.

Robcat, very well done video. Perhaps you have a 2nd career in your future as a TV/Youtube host?

I'm glad I entered, this was my first ever Hash image contest. I wish I had not waited so long to get started but there's always the next contest. I'm sure I will do better on the next one.

That was MUCH fun! Very well done Robert. You really know how to put up a show... :)!

Well done everybody who entered and thank you very much for your votes :).

I am very honoured to win the first place in such a great line up :).

Thanks again :)

*Fuchur*

Congrats!!!! Fuchur!!!!!

The Lady bug looks great. Nice textures on it too.

Awesome work everyone. I am very pleased to have gotten Third Place. Thanks for all the votes.

Robert....Great reveal. Lots of work in that.

Fae Alba and myself request that our HUGE lottery winnings be delivered all in pennies...... Clean crisp pennies.. :)

• Hash Fellow

Hang on to my $2 winning. Use it to build up the pot for the next contest! Or if you wish, go buy a cup of coffee in lieu of the work you put into the presentation.

Nope, you have to take the money!

It's the rules, ya know! oldman.gif

Hang on to my $2 winning. Use it to build up the pot for the next contest! Or if you wish, go buy a cup of coffee in lieu of the work you put into the presentation.

Nope, you have to take the money!

It's the rules, ya know! oldman.gif

Damn the rules, full speed ahead! All right, I'll take the pot 'O gold...twist my arm.

• Hash Fellow

We had such a blast watching 'an Evening with Robcat'...

I hope it didn't seem that long! Thanks, none-the-less!

Anyway, my goal was to give the winners some more time in the sun than we usually give them around here.

It was fun to talk to Gerald, Matt and Kevin and find that they are all living commercials for A:M. Just ask them, "What do you like about A:M?" and off they go! I hope everyone enjoyed getting to know some of our accomplished users a bit more.

• Hash Fellow

Fun Fact: Insects are called "insects" because they are in sections.

It's true. The ancient Greeks called them ἔντομον [éntomon] which means "cut in sections".

The Roman naturalist Pliny translated that idea literally into Latin to get insectum.

"Insect" first appeared in English in 1601 in a translation of Pliny's text and most European languages also use some variation of insectum.

(That was going to be an interstitial in the award video but I never got around to it.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Hash Fellow

Just thought I'd remind the three caricature winners to send in their photos!

I have an open window right now since my A:M subscription is in limbo while I wait for my activation code.

And if by chance, any of the caricature winners already have a Caricature by Largent of themself, they could use their prize to have caricature made of a family member or friend to give as a gift!

• Admin

Sorry for the delay Mark.

I've asked my daughter to take a couple shots of me.

She's all into photography so I figured I'd put here to work.

Don't fret so much over the photos you send. I'll make you look good. :-)

Luckily all three are new to getting a Largent caricature.

Well, yes and no. ;)

This will technically be my first Largento caricature but... you may recall the last time you recreated my likeness you turned me into a zombie! (I'm told that's a good thing)

• 2 months later...
  • Hash Fellow

Fun Fact: To get my nails ready for their close-up I soaked them in Palmolive liquid.

Medal winners... I'm still working on the design for the medal. As always, I am paralyzed by the small details.

Madge.jpg

Mark,

I apologize, I have been a completely lazy bastard about it. Part of the problem is I can't get a proper photo of myself with only myself to take it, I either get that ridiculous "selfie" angle, or the bathroom mirror photo.

I will have to see if I can figure out how to take a timed photo with either my iPhone or my other camera, or get someone to take it for me.

My last sighting was rumored to be somewhere in the vicinity of Canton, Ohio.

I guess I will have to dig up the manual for my camera and sort out how to do a timed photo.

I will have it to you no later than end of the week, Mark.

• Hash Fellow

My last sighting was rumored to be somewhere in the vicinity of Canton, Ohio.

I guess I will have to dig up the manual for my camera and sort out how to do a timed photo.

I will have it to you no later than end of the week, Mark.

I'm sure a mirror photo would work fine, too, since he's just using it as a reference.

• 1 year later...

Of course, without a deadline and occasional lashing of the whip, I can easily forget. Robert mentioned on Saturday that he is almost finished with the medallions, so finally, at gunpoint, I've happily finished this obligation which I'm shocked to realize was from nearly two years ago!

I can't imagine it could possibly have been worth the wait, but here are your caricatures!

matt_campbell.png

rodney_baker.png

Roger.png

(They are png files on transparent backgrounds, so you can have fun with them however you would like.)

• 5 weeks later...

Yesterday I received a package with a real gorgeous content.

A really VERY nice looking and feeling medal including a very nice stand. I received a Hash jacket of Siggraph 2000 too.

I could choose which year I'd like and I took 2000 because that was the first time I got involved with Animation:Master. It was A:M v8.0 at that time.

It is a great honor and really a great price. I will surely never forget that :).

Thank you very much to anybody who was involved in making this happen and my special thanks to Robert for making all this true.

Best regards and thank you very much again :)

*Fuchur*

img_01.jpg

img_02.jpg

img_03.jpg

img_04.jpg

img_05.jpg