Apprentice

• *A:M User*
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Douglas Charles Ferrin
  • York, PA
  • Windows

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:33 AM

Happy Sunday everyone. Is it still possible to import DXF models, and if so how? Also, is it possible to import other polygon based models? If not, it seems like that would be an extremely useful feature. Thanks. Douglas Nevermind - I've figured it out. A how to bit in the techref would be nice. Sorry to have posted needlessly.

#2 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23982 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows
  • Programmer:NO

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

This is the right place to ask if you get stuck on something! I'll note that if you just need the shape and don't need to edit the mesh, importing as a "prop" is very snappy.

Robert Holmén
------

Got an A:M question? Come to Live Answer Time.   Saturdays, Noon CDT (1700 GMT)

Watch the 2017 "Summer Memories" Image Contest Awards

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

87,848 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users