Prolific

• Film
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Myron LeRoy
  • Newberg, Oregon
  • Windows

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:43 PM

I've been trying to combine some short videos to a DVD. My problem is that the files are a different volumes (all MPG) and I wish to make them all the same. I'm sure there must be a way to separate the audio from the video, increase the audio amplitude, and recombine them. I'm sure there must be, but I have not a clue. Anybody have a hint? Thanks, Myron
some people see only with their eyes.

#2 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23988 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows
  • Programmer:NO

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:47 PM

Quicktime Pro can export audio (and video) tracks from video files. And you can paste a video file into an audio file to recombine them. See if regular Quicktime can read your MPG first.

Robert Holmén
------

Got an A:M question? Come to Live Answer Time.   Saturdays, Noon CDT (1700 GMT)

Watch the 2017 "Summer Memories" Image Contest Awards

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

87,848 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#3 MJL

MJL

Prolific

• Film
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Myron LeRoy
  • Newberg, Oregon
  • Windows

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:25 PM

Thank You, Robcat QT wouldn't recognize the MPG, but I have a program to convert the video into .MOV which I did. I am, however using the free version of QT, and the Export options are grayed out. the video is the "Ain't No Way" vid that Gene did a couple of months ago. I've taken the audio track and "normalized" it in an audio editor. Would it be at all possible for you (or someone) to swap out the audio tracks? Thanks.

Attached Files

#4 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23988 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:15 PM

WMA isn't a format QT will recognize. It will need to be MP3 or wav However, checking both, I see the wma is 2:59 and the mov is 3:10. Those wont' go together. They need to be absolutely identical in length.

Robert Holmén
------

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#5 HomeSlice

HomeSlice

Ancient Chinese Secret

• Film
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4632 posts
  • Holmes Bryant
  • Taos, NM
  • Windows
  • Contests Won:*

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:54 AM

Hi Myron, The easiest/most convenient/cheapest way I have found is what Robcat suggested. Quicktime Pro is SO worth the $20. As far as I can tell, A:M doesn't compress the audio when you render a movie. This is a good thing. It means the rendered audio is the same quality as the original audio. Here is a recommended work flow. Final Render your animation in A:M as a TGA sequence. Render a SHADED movie of the animation as a Quicktime movie. Open the shaded movie in Quicktim Pro. Choose Export > Audio to Wav (keep that audio file uncompressed). Do your thing on the wav file that Quicktime exports. Create a new A:M project. Import the TGA sequence. Import the wav file. Drag the Image Sequence onto the Choreography camera as a Rotoscope. Drag the wav file into the choreography. Re-render (the re-render will go much faster since it is just a sequence of images and audio.

#6 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • 23988 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:17 PM

Here's another workflow:

You Final rendered your movie to a targa sequence
You animated this in A:M to synch to a WAV

They are exactly the same length

Open the image sequence in QT Pro

Open the WAV in another QT PRO Window

CTRL-a to select all in the movie QT
CTRL-c to copy it

Click on the WAV QT window and CTRL-a to select all

CTRL-SHIFT-ALT-v to paste the video QT onto the audio QT

SAVE the resulting movie. It will have your first generation audio and video in synch.

It will be huge but you can "Export" to another QT movie and choose various compression settings for both audio and video to suit your purposes.

Robert Holmén
------

#7 HomeSlice

HomeSlice

Ancient Chinese Secret

• Film
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4632 posts
  • Holmes Bryant
  • Taos, NM
  • Windows
  • Contests Won:*

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:35 PM

That's a great idea Robcat. I didn't think of combining the two right within Quicktime. The only reason someone would need to render a shaded version of the movie is if they imported several audio clips, say each bit of dialog is a separate clip...

#8 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • 23988 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:27 PM

The only reason someone would need to render a shaded version of the movie is if they imported several audio clips, say each bit of dialog is a separate clip...

Yes, and I've had to do that sometimes.

Although sometimes I found the quality rendered from A:M wasn't quite right, so I used that as a track in Audacity to synch the original elements to and get a cleaner version saved out. Making sure the length is the same is the tricky part.

Robert Holmén
------

#9 MJL

MJL

Prolific

• Film
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Myron LeRoy
  • Newberg, Oregon
  • Windows

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:04 PM

Thank you Robcat and Holmes, I only have the MPG of the movie although I can convert to other formats as needed. I checked with Gene, and he only saved the final render. I will acquire the QT pro later this week and see what I can do with Robcat's first suggestion. I can convert the audio file to wave or whatever format QT needs it to be, and I can strategically add time to the audio to match up the time element. I'll probably ask more questions after I get QT pro. thanks guys. Myron

#10 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • 23988 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:14 PM

Is your MPG an MPEG-1 or and MPEG-2? Quicktime is able to read MPEG1. MPEG2 requires an add-on from Apple

Robert Holmén
------

#11 MJL

MJL

Prolific

• Film
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Myron LeRoy
  • Newberg, Oregon
  • Windows

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:46 PM

It was an MPG-2 but I'm converting it to MPG-1 now. It will still be a few days before I can get the QT Pro.

#12 jimd

jimd

Prolific

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • ct
  • Macintosh

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:21 AM

Hi i have your files in finale cut the separate extra audio file that you normalized is very hot too hot in fact it distorts i have the movie audio as a separate track and can boost that instead how would you like the finished file what format would you like ? and uploaded to here ? j

#13 MJL

MJL

Prolific

• Film
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Myron LeRoy
  • Newberg, Oregon
  • Windows

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:50 AM

Thank You, Oh Kind And Noble Sir!!!!!! As loud as you can get it with out the distortion would be nice. What you have is a digital recording of a vinyl record that I made in 1980. The other two video's that it is being put with, were all done in digital domain. Uploading here is fine. I don't know of any other way of transferring a file that large. thanks again for your help, Jim. Myron

#14 jimd

jimd

Prolific

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • ct
  • Macintosh

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:08 AM

Thank You, Oh Kind And Noble Sir!!!!!!

As loud as you can get it with out the distortion would be nice. What you have is a digital recording of a vinyl record that I made in 1980. The other two video's that it is being put with, were all done in digital domain.

Uploading here is fine. I don't know of any other way of transferring a file that large.
thanks again for your help, Jim.
Myron

here you go

quicktime h264 mov boosted volume

j

Attached Files

#15 MJL

MJL

Prolific

• Film
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Myron LeRoy
  • Newberg, Oregon
  • Windows

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:02 PM

Jim, It just dawned on me that I got so excited that I forgot to say thank you THANK YOU. It worked perfectly. May kindnesses and blessing fall suddenly upon you. Myron

#16 jimd

jimd

Prolific

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • ct
  • Macintosh

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:51 PM

your welcome glad to help out j

#17 MJL

MJL

Prolific

• Film
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Myron LeRoy
  • Newberg, Oregon
  • Windows

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:34 PM

Jim, could you email me at myron(at)newbergmusiccenter(dot)com?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users