#1 robbin

robbin

New User

• A:M User
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Windows

Posted 13 April 2006 - 12:25 PM

<_< I am a relative newbie to AM and I have completed the "Let's Talk" tutorial and did rather well with it. However, I wanted to try and apply that learning to other models and I am not sure what my next step is. :unsure: I can only find one sound file (secret) to use and I can't seem to find a tutorial on making up my own. Can anyone help me?!?!?!? :blink: Thanks Robbin

#2 ArgleBargle

ArgleBargle

Journeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Tim
  • Oklahoma
  • Mac/Win

Posted 13 April 2006 - 01:19 PM

<_< I am a relative newbie to AM and I have completed the "Let's Talk" tutorial and did rather well with it. However, I wanted to try and apply that learning to other models and I am not sure what my next step is. :unsure: I can only find one sound file (secret) to use and I can't seem to find a tutorial on making up my own. Can anyone help me?!?!?!? :blink:

Hm... you could start low-budget with a cheap microphone and the software that came with your sound card for recording voice. The sounds are just .wav files.

You could go high-budget and buy time in a recording studio. These days, they are usually digital and can give you the recordings on a CD/DVD. Edit with the sound tools of your choice (google for "Audacity" for a free tool if you lack alternatives).

Mid-budget: get a decent mic, Radio-Shack mixer, ground-fault isolation loop, and Audacity. Alternately, buy a USB mic/digitizer. Maybe build a small sound booth for voice recording and do it on your PC yourself.

As for tutorials, I'm not sure the task is so difficult it needs one. The challenge is getting to know hardware, costs, quality, etc.

Of course, if you just want to play with lip-synching, then rip a wav file from a CD and make a music video. I always thought it would be fun to make an alien and have her sing a song about outer-space, then maybe cut the song short by having something drop on her head. You can use my idea if you like. ;)
Tim Robinson
"Am I an optimist or a pessimist if I say my bladder is half full?" -- Me

#3 MMZ_TimeLord

MMZ_TimeLord

"THE MAN"

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1446 posts
  • Jody Krivohlavek
  • San Mateo, CA, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way
  • Windows

Posted 13 April 2006 - 01:40 PM

Get a regular (cheap) PC microphone or headset with a microphone and use either Windows 'Sound Recorder' or whatever application the MAC has if you are on a MAC. Setting your recording level may take some playing around with sound input settings. After you have recorded your script line(s) save your sound file and import it into A:M. Nothing compilcated or expensive. NOTE: If you are on a laptop, you may already have a microphone built in.
MMZ>TimeLord
"Oooooooooh... that's gonna leave a mark!"

#4 the_black_mage

the_black_mage

MY NUMBER OF POST DOES NOT CHANGE!

• 1443 posts
  • Isiac Dagraca
  • FL
  • Windows

Posted 13 April 2006 - 02:01 PM

or you can get this windows software that makes voices from text that way you can save it and use it.heres the site.
http://www.jhepple.com/fxtxttalker.htm
It didn't happen...

(darn)
-------------Check out my stuff
My official self made website!
Deviantart

#5 Paul Forwood

Paul Forwood

Somewhere in the blue-green range of the spectrum

• Hash Fellow (Hon)
  • 4939 posts
  • London
  • Windows

Posted 13 April 2006 - 03:19 PM

Or search the internet for sound clips to practice with.
Here is one such source: http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/
Fishin' Music video CURRENTLY ON HOLD...again!

#6 KenH

KenH

Blind Lord of all he sees.

• Film
  • 13769 posts
  • Ken Heslip
  • Dublin,Ireland
  • Windows
  • Contests Won:***(mascot)

Posted 13 April 2006 - 03:50 PM

Or enter this monthly animation contest:

http://www.10secondclub.net/
Vista Home Premium 64 bit/AM v15/ATI Radeon HD3870/8Gb 800mhz DDR2 RAM/e8400 Processor
My AM Goodies Store
My T.W.O models
Get your AM problems fixed at AM:Reports

#7 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23988 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows
  • Programmer:NO

Posted 13 April 2006 - 06:41 PM

another free sound recorder with editng powers:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Robert Holmén
------

Got an A:M question? Come to Live Answer Time.   Saturdays, Noon CDT (1700 GMT)

Watch the 2017 "Summer Memories" Image Contest Awards

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

87,848 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#8 robbin

robbin

New User

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Windows

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:01 AM

Thank you to all of you who graciously replied to my question. I will try each one and see what happens. I am really enjoying learning AM and appreciate any help I can get. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users