• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6873 posts
  • Rodney Baker
  • *Admin*
  • Illinois (not Japan)
  • subscriber
  • Windows

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:34 PM

Attached is an automated reading of the A:M Tips line items that open when A:M first starts.

The voice is that of Microsoft David who seems to get almost all the words right.

The only things I removed from the tips text was the leading "You can" from each line and the last tip which is "This is the last tip".

In other news, I set up Animation:Master to quickly read text copied from the A:M interface (and as launched from the Tools menu in A:M).

I can choose to have either David or Zira read anything copied into the clipboard (scripts, directions, File Info Properties, etc.)

As for these tips...

If anyone wants the same thing as read by Microsoft Zira... just say the word.

Thanks Dave!

Attached Files

A good idea is a seed, not a solution or
"You can lead horses to water but they still will not animate feature films."
See my effort to think about the art of animation at: My Blog
Want to learn A:M? Start TaoA:M

#2 Rodney

Rodney

A:M Bot 14309

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6873 posts
  • Rodney Baker
  • *Admin*
  • Illinois (not Japan)
  • subscriber
  • Windows

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:40 PM

Here's a look at how this plays out inside A:M.

I've attached a copy of Zira reading the Info Properties on Multipass Rendering.

I've also included a look at the setup used in the Tools panel where programs are added to A:M's dropdown Tools menu.

Note that in the arguments field at the end there is a variable for how long the speaker pauses after a sentence (in milliseconds).  Instead of the word 'integer' there should be a number such as "1000".  Since I forgot to set that it ignores that variable.  Further, I see I left the preceding dash off of the "ka" variable which kills any other running instance of the utility.  Yikes.  Typos!

Added:  The text to speech is quite accurate.  But... Heh.  Zira gets the word 'strobed' right but David doesn't.   ;)

Attached Thumbnails

• Zira talks about Multipass Rendering.png
  • Customize Tools.png

Attached Files

A good idea is a seed, not a solution or
"You can lead horses to water but they still will not animate feature films."
See my effort to think about the art of animation at: My Blog
Want to learn A:M? Start TaoA:M

#3 Wildsided

Wildsided

Ever so slightly mad

• Special Topics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Dan
  • Canada but born and raised in England
  • v18
  • Windows

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:46 AM

Neat. I Like it, computer text-to-speech voices have come a long way since I wa' a lad [puts on flat cap]. Remember the voice program on the Amiga 500? Nowadays we have tonnes of professional and more importantly fairly natural sounding ones like Siri and Cortana. They're still not quite there though yet for the most part. I tried to listen to a book recently through Text-to-speech and the little 'wrong' bits created too much of a disconnect for me to enjoy it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users