Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

A:M Features

• Admin

Wow. Wow. Wow... and Wow!

If you have'nt seen (or recently revisited) Matt Bradbury's Animation:Master Features wiki you must go there now!

A:M Features by Matt Bradbury

Matt has been systematically working his way through A:M and putting the information about A:M's features in his wiki for all to enjoy. Beautifully presentated with great information.

Thanks to Matt for all his hard work on this fine resource.

..and since they will fit right in here as well we'll add the links to information about Sweeper, Treeez and the Newton Physics plugins. These are the pages, projects and presentations from Emilio, Marcel and Steffen who have so masterfully demonstrated their programming talent through these very useful plugins. Their plugins are available in v13.

The Links:

Sweeper - Extrusion and Duplication

TreeeZ - Tree Creation

Newton Physics - Physics Simulation

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

This is cool. Matt might want to get the links from my spread sheet and use then as info links.

Here's the EXCEL file:

[attachmentid=18088]

Or, if he does not have excel, heres the html version:

[attachmentid=18089]

Rusty

• Admin

As A:M Features is a wiki I imagine eventually others will be able to add in their own links too.

Get in good with Matt and I'm sure he'll give you his password.

I almost hesitate to suggest this because I think Matt should be allowed to finish the what he has there already. In other words he's doing such a great job that I wouldn't want to be the guy who messed it all up!

I am thoroughly impressed with his documentation thus far.

BTW - I downloaded your spreadsheet thinking I might add to it but... never enough hours in a day.

As A:M Features is a wiki I imagine eventually others will be able to add in their own links too.

I don't know what a 'wini' is.

Get in good with Matt and I'm sure he'll give you his password.

Sorry, I'm lost. I don't what his password. Hey, I was just trying to be helpful -- woundn't dream of trying to plant my turnnips in anyone else's garden.

I think Matt should be allowed to finish the what he has I wouldn't want to be the guy who messed it all up!

Hevens no. Forget I said anything.

Rusty

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
Link seems to be broken

Yes, the A:M Features wiki seems to be either down or renamed.

The other links (Sweeper, Simcloth, Treeez and Newton Dynamics) still work however.

• 2 weeks later...

Link seems to be broken

Yes, the A:M Features wiki seems to be either down or renamed.

The other links (Sweeper, Simcloth, Treeez and Newton Dynamics) still work however.

The link seems to be fixed . . . but where is the link to Simcloth?

Jim

• Admin

Emilio Leroux's Sweeper now comes standard with A:M v13 so the current updater should get you that for free if own v13.

You should still be able to get Sweeper via Emilio's site (at least the earlier versions). Check out his other tutorials as well! This one for instance is a must view (on the benefits and function of Magnitude/Bias adjustment).

The location of (the orginal) Sweeper:

http://www.moscafilms.com.br/emilioleroux/workshop.html

• 4 months later...

Wow. Wow. Wow... and Wow!

If you have'nt seen (or recently revisited) Matt Bradbury's Animation:Master Features wiki you must go there now!

A:M Features by Matt Bradbury

Matt has been systematically working his way through A:M and putting the information about A:M's features in his wiki for all to enjoy. Beautifully presentated with great information.

Thanks to Matt for all his hard work on this fine resource.

I am I the only one that does not see what the fuss over Matt. The information he is putting is already in the AM help files and in the manual. I foolishly bought the AM Technical Reference 2 years ago only to find all the pictures were in black and white yet it made many references to color. I too would love to write a manual or tutorial that shows you step by step how to make a face or using constraints and a promise that if you did not get the required results you would get your money back. But I guess that would not be allowed as you would have thousands of people that could real make stuff work with AM. I have taken the time to work out a lot of things in AM that help to get smooth animation and models without using tons of computer power.

• Admin
I too would love to write a manual or tutorial that shows you step by step how to make a face or using constraints and a promise that if you did not get the required results you would get your money back. But I guess that would not be allowed as you would have thousands of people that could real make stuff work with AM. I have taken the time to work out a lot of things in AM that help to get smooth animation and models without using tons of computer power.

I look forward to your book Yardie! :)

....I foolishly bought the AM Technical Reference 2 years ago only to find all the pictures were in black and white yet it made many references to color. I too would love to write a manual or tutorial that shows you step by step how to make a face or using constraints and a promise that if you did not get the required results you would get your money back....

Why didn't you send it back for a refund, if you weren't happy with it? There is a 30-day money back garauntee on my online store.

The book was described as "226 pages black & white". How can you imply that you thought that it would be in color?

Your comments are offensive, libelous, and ungrateful (since that entire project was done to answer a desire in the community for a printed version of the tech reference...and was made available at an extremely low price).

If YOU ever come out with a book for A:M, then you might appreciate the amount of work is involved. But until then, I think my opinion of you will be that you are an ass....

If YOU ever come out with a book for A:M, then you might appreciate the amount of work is involved. But until then, I think my opinion of you will be that you are an ass....

It's definitely difficult to write good well. Your website was one of the first I discovered when I got A:M and I learned a lot from it. (Though you're one of those people who get me envious over their ability to draw hot women.)

IIRC, yardie was the one who thought Newton was badly documented. After you exclude the language barrier thing, I thought it was quite well documented and I had little trouble figuring anything out about it. I think I write well, but if I had to reproduce my own work in Spanish, it would turn out a bit like the Newton documentation: correct, but a bit irritating to native Spanish speakers.

....I foolishly bought the AM Technical Reference 2 years ago only to find all the pictures were in black and white yet it made many references to color. I too would love to write a manual or tutorial that shows you step by step how to make a face or using constraints and a promise that if you did not get the required results you would get your money back....

Why didn't you send it back for a refund, if you weren't happy with it? There is a 30-day money back garauntee on my online store.

The book was described as "226 pages black & white". How can you imply that you thought that it would be in color?

Your comments are offensive, libelous, and ungrateful (since that entire project was done to answer a desire in the community for a printed version of the tech reference...and was made available at an extremely low price).

I might be an ass but I dont make threats and get hot headed when I am critsized.

IIRC, yardie was the one who thought Newton was badly documented. After you exclude the language barrier thing, I thought it was quite well documented and I had little trouble figuring anything out about it. I think I write well, but if I had to reproduce my own work in Spanish, it would turn out a bit like the Newton documentation: correct, but a bit irritating to native Spanish speakers.

Making a visual tutorial using wink does not require a lot of written explanation. All people have to do is follow your cursor movements. I made 2 short tutorials on "Squash" and "Expression" with wink. The other good reason for making good notes is it helps you to remember. There is just so much to remember with AM that I spend more time making notes on how to get over or achieve certain things with it. My visual note are easy to follow than written notes. The only problem with writing a book is I have only kept to version 10.5 and 12. Taking the time to know how everything works means leaving the upgrades alone. The v13 is not compatible with older versions so I guess right now I want to know what the demand is. Other wise I could be wasting my time. And AM might not like me doing there work for them but one has got to make a living were one can.

• Admin
And AM might not like me doing there work for them but one has got to make a living were one can.

Yardie,

You are in no danger of doing Hash Inc's work for them.

I'm sure they appreciate everything you can do to help explore A:M Features.

This'll sound like criticism but it's not. We are all A:M Users together.

Consider the following though:

Steffen Gross builds plugins for A:M for free in his own time. He's created a lot of plugins.

Hash Inc didn't ask Steffen to do it. He enjoys doing it.

Newton Dynamics is released (for free) to the A:M Community.

Who then is responsible for documentation?

The answer is simple; we ALL are.

There are alternatives of course.

We can choose not to use these resources.

We can pay someone to do the exploring for us.

We can thank those who have taken their time to help us.

We can ask questions and in turn supply answers, projects, tutorials and more to extend our understanding.

We can even complain... but that'll get us nowhere fast and is the most certain way to have a contributor wonder why they even bothered in the first place. If a contributor's effort isn't appreciated it's just a matter of time before we won't have to worry about that any more. They'll move on to more productive endeavors.

You'd do the same would you not?

Yardie,

You are in no danger of doing Hash Inc's work for them.

I'm sure they appreciate everything you can do to help explore A:M Features.

Thiscall sound like criticism but it's not. We are all A:M Users together.

Consider the following though:

Steffen Gross builds plugins for A:M for free in his own time. He's created a lot of plugins.

Hash Inc didn't ask Steffen to do it. He enjoys doing it.

Newton Dynamics is released (for free) to the A:M Community.

Well My question is quite simple. how did he set up the simulation for his throm sample. I could swear about a year ago there was more information on setting up his projects because I had a go with a sample that worked. I had to reinstall AM a number of times in between and left the Newton Dynamic alone for a while. I am sure I saw some of his instruction in German but the site is not there any more or the information removed.

If he has the any useful documentation in Germany then that should be no problem I would rather get the documentation in his mother language than English. Finding someone to translate it in to English should be no problem for me. I am also sure there are German users of AM that might be of help.

I agree with everything you say about helping the community I also believe recycling stuff to because I care a lot for the planet we live in. To care sometimes means sacrifice and working just that bit harder to figure stuff out.

It's true to say that I can have a very foul temper if I feel I am being short changed or bluffed. But in General I am a very easy going person that likes to communicate. When I barriers to communication like emotional anger rear there head i try and keep to logic thinking and not carried away with the drama

• Admin
Well My question is quite simple. how did he set up the simulation for his throm sample

I'm not all that familiar with 'the Thom sample'.

Here would be my suggestion.

Start a new topic here in the tutorials section.

Label it appropriately like, "Exploring Newton Dynamics".

Subtitle it with the focus of your exploration.

Post your exploration/progress. What successes have you had?

Post related projects. Demonstrate how they work.

Post your questions. Anticipate the answers to help others help you.

Hope someone is interested in the answers to those questions just like you.

I'm interested.

Rodney

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...