• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Rodger Reynolds
  • Windsor, ON, Canada
  • Windows

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:37 PM

smoke_render_bug.jpg

I've noticed some strangeness during real-time and progressive renders on particle image sequences. All components are included in the zip file.

I'm emitting a sequence of 22 numbered (0 to 21) and colour coded images. The opacities and sizes are shown varying throughout the lifetime of the particle. Both attributes are correct for a screen or final render. Rendering real-time on-screen shows proper size variation but random(?) opacities. Progressive renders show the correct size and opacity but each image is used sequentially for the entire lifetime.

The final issue happens while doing progressive renders of the emitter. With the action at frame 1, start a progressive render around the emitter; you'll see image 1. You can successfully prog. render for each higher frame. Now start counting down each frame, upon reaching frame 0, A:M crashes on my machine.

Attached Files

#2 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23515 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows
  • Programmer:NO

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:43 PM

I presume that is v19 you are using?

Robert Holmén
------

Got an A:M question? Come to Live Answer Time.   Saturdays, Noon CST

Watch the 2017 "Summer Memories" Image Contest Awards

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

87,848 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#3 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23515 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows
  • Programmer:NO

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:57 PM

I've given your PRJ a test in v19b and get your results.

I seem to recall real time render has limitations in dealing with complex transparency but i don't know if that applies here.

You have the problem well documented.  I say go ahead and submit this as a bug report to AMReports.

Robert Holmén
------

Got an A:M question? Come to Live Answer Time.   Saturdays, Noon CST

Watch the 2017 "Summer Memories" Image Contest Awards

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

87,848 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#4 rodger_r

rodger_r

Non-character modeling since 1993

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Rodger Reynolds
  • Windsor, ON, Canada
  • Windows

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:44 PM

go ahead and submit this as a bug report to AMReports

Thanks Rob...done