Hash, Inc. Forums

V17 Toon crash

Having some bother with Toon render in V17g. ( OSX 10.85 )

At the weekend I succesfully rendered the same chor with Toon and non toon renders, then composited them together.

That was at 720 HD.

As the project overall will be at 1080HD I went back to try it at that res

This was the non toon render

Intro 045.jpg

When I reset the chor so that only the figure was visible and tried to Toon render it, with the same setting as used for all the other chors in the project, It crashed everytime.

I've tried it about 20 or so times now, trying different variations of toon setting but without success.

I just tried it with non toon and it worked but, without changing anything else, when Toon was selected again. It crashed.

It only happens with this one chor ( the intro to the project ), non of the others.

Can anyone kindly suggest a possible cause and solution ?

simon

Rodney

Thank you for your very speedy reply.

I'd just returned to possibly edit or cancel the question !

This may be famous last words but, I may have found the problem...

Indeed that was famous last words,

its just happened again as I was typing ( g'rrr ).

I will save the chor and model and post in a short while..

Thank you for your kind offer of help.

regards

simon

And yet further,

It seems to be going through now. will report back later.

Such a joyful afternoon...

It did render out n the end, only to find I'd messed up the poses for the eyelids .... ( hey ho, )

In the file that kept crashing, the scene files were inactive except for the figure and one light. I deleted all the inactive files and turned off the volumetric setting for the one light. That seemed to work.

Intro Toon.mov

Coincidentally, volumetric lights with Toon render produces some 'interesting' if slightly unpredicatable results. Not sure how I could use it but good to know the option is there.

regards

simon

It looks like there is some sort of a ledge in the white of the eye just to the left of the pupils. What is doing that?

Robert

Thank you for your help once again. I'm afraid the bit I think you mean ( comes forward over her left eye- screen right ?) Id down to operator error on my part. When it started to render without crashing I noticed that the eyes had big gaps around them and went back to adjust that.

But forgot to adjust the poses accordingly as I was pusehed for time at that point.

Hope to readjust overthe weekend.

Regards

simon