Hash, Inc. Forums

Undo not working right in 19?

Been a while since I used AM but don't remember the undo not working if i rotate, scale or do any transform on an object in the chor. Anyone else having this issue?

I have a simple installation guide on a product install that I want to use the toon render in AM rather than fight FormZ's retarded renderer that will not turn off the F@#$!!!! GD!!! iso lines....

prj has a couple obj's rigged with nulls, other main part was modeled ages ago in AM.

sgx.zip

• Hash Fellow

Hi Ken...

When I first tried manipulating the OBJ Props directly It seemed like Undo wasn't completely working (it seemed to work for Rotate but not Translate and I ran out of Undos very quickly), but when I used the Nulls they were constrained to it worked properly.

I also found that an OBJ that wasn't constrained to a Null would Undo appropriately... except for one time that I couldn't repeat.

Ya that is what i ran into. I am remaking all the models in AM and ditched the props for now.

Kind of wish we could just assign a model bone to props and link them up. In old Electric image they had skeleton to do this as well as bones. Was very handy on imported objects that didn't require an form of deformation such as mechanical stuff.

In the meantime I have to relearn all the short keys, my brain erased most of them LOL.

I'm amazed how well AM runs on my little i5 laptop with built in video HD520 chip.

• Hash Fellow

I don't think you need to ditch the props. Just make sure each one Translate, Rotate, and Size constrained to a null and then animate the Null like you would have animated the object.

If you need more of a rig than just the null, make the rig bones in a regular model and then in the chor, constrain the props to whatever relevant rig bone youwant.

Final product install guide with AM toon render illustrations... I rendered a quick animation of the parts in use as png sequence, picked the ones appropriate and tossed in some descriptions below.

Sometimes the big programs are just so cumbersome to work with I end up wasting way too much time.

Nice to be back splining :)

SGX Quick Install.jpg

• ____ 1