Photo

How do I learn to install the Squetch rig?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23912 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows
  • Programmer:NO

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:26 PM

I'm scanning this forum and I can't figure out where to start and not be reading something that is out of date and superceded by something else.

Robert Holmén
------

Got an A:M question? Come to Live Answer Time.   Saturdays, Noon CDT (1700 GMT)

Watch the 2017 "Summer Memories" Image Contest Awards

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

87,848 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#2 itsjustme

itsjustme

David Simmons......me.

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5471 posts
  • David Simmons
  • current
  • Windows

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:42 AM

There is a text file included that will walk you through getting the rig in place and a PDF that shows how to set up the face. Making a current video is on my to-do list.

If you run into problems or have any questions, let me know.

#3 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23912 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows

Posted 24 June 2018 - 05:25 AM

Would it be OK if I edit the many installation threads to add a note at the top to direct people to the link in your signature?

Robert Holmén
------

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#4 itsjustme

itsjustme

David Simmons......me.

• Hash Fellow
  • 5471 posts
  • David Simmons
  • current
  • Windows

Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:48 AM

Fine with me, Robert.

#5 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • 23912 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows

Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:26 PM

David, is there some day we could skype with you and ask you these questions in real time?

I'm stuck.

translate heel_INSTALL bone to height of heel

height of heel?

scale heel_INSTALL

scale it to what?

translate and scale auto_shrug bone (do not rotate) (image19)

I dont' know that the image intends as to the new location of the bone.

translate shoulder_collarbone_base

translate shoulder_collarbone_target (if necessary)

To where? How do I know if it's necessary?

Scale thumb_knuckle_target to scale right_carpal to hand edge

is "_INSTALL" supposed to be part of those names? I ask because it was explicitly mentioned in previous steps when it was part of the name but not in this one?

I don't see a way to maneuver the "right carpal INSTALL" in my model to appear like it does in the Sam image.

carpal.PNG

Robert Holmén
------

#6 itsjustme

itsjustme

David Simmons......me.

• Hash Fellow
  • 5471 posts
  • David Simmons
  • current
  • Windows

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:02 AM

The height of the heel controller is generally the same height as the toe controller.  The scaling of the heel controller just controls the size of the controller, so whatever size you'd like it.

I won't be able to double-check until this afternoon, but, if I'm remembering correctly, the auto shrug bone is just a controller that can be located anywhere (check it's location in Squetchy Sam).

For the other questions, I'll have to be looking at it.  I'll knock out a quick video this afternoon and post it.

#7 itsjustme

itsjustme

David Simmons......me.

• Hash Fellow
  • 5471 posts
  • David Simmons
  • current
  • Windows

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:39 PM

I started setting up to do the installation videos and it got late on me...so i'll continue tomorrow. 

The collarbone target automatically stays at the origin of the bicep unless you move it somewhere else...possibly where the end of an actual collarbone would be (and I think that would be nit-picking).

Before positioning the actual thumb bones, the "right_thumb_knuckle_target_INSTALL" bone is translated to the origin of the thumb, rotated so that the "right_carpal_INSTALL" is aiming at the edge of the hand opposite the thumb's origin, then scale the  "right_thumb_knuckle_target_INSTALL" bone until the "right_carpal_INSTALL" bone reaches that hand edge...this positions the bases of the hand carpal bones.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users