markw

• *A:M User*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Granada, Spain
  • subscriber
  • Macintosh

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:14 PM

A minor irritation this one but every time I try and set my OS platform to show as just "Macintosh" and then save that choice, it keeps changing to "OS X Mavericks".

In truth my OS is still "Mountain Lion" but there is no option for setting that.

On a Mac? Not used Netrender before?
Then have a read of this...

#2 Rodney

Rodney

A:M Bot 14309

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6962 posts
  • Rodney Baker
  • *Admin*
  • Illinois (not Japan)
  • subscriber
  • Windows

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:18 AM

A minor irritation this one but every time I try and set my OS platform to show as just "Macintosh" and then save that choice, it keeps changing to "OS X Mavericks".

In truth my OS is still "Mountain Lion" but there is no option for setting that.

Thanks for identifying this.

I haven't added 'OSX Mountain Lion' for fear that will lead to a lot of work down the line as OS's change or for OS's that.

I did find and correct a stray setting that should account for why 'Macintosh' wasn't sticking so try that again!

The main purpose behind adding anything beyond Win and OSX is to try to capture folks that live life on the bleeding edge.

I probably should have gone with just Mac and Win as specific information can be captured along with the system specs

I"ll yield to what Mac users prefer here unless I think it'll break something in the future or be hard to maintain.

"Animation is 90 percent hard work.  The other half is entirely mental!"
See my effort to think about the art of animation at: My Blog
Want to learn A:M? Start TaoA:M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users