Photo

define image width?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23528 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows
  • Programmer:NO

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:42 AM

Is there any provision for defining the width or height of an image on this forum?

The BBS code I'm familiar with doesn't seem to work and the HTML version doesn't survive a preview.

Robert Holmén
------

Got an A:M question? Come to Live Answer Time.   Saturdays, Noon CST

Watch the 2017 "Summer Memories" Image Contest Awards

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

87,848 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#2 Rodney

Rodney

A:M Bot 14309

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6687 posts
  • Rodney Baker
  • *Admin*
  • Illinois (not Japan)
  • subscriber
  • Windows

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:45 PM

the HTML version doesn't survive a preview.

I'd have to check but I think the html method is the way to go... just forgo the preview and save... then smile or frown... then reedit to taste.**

It's probably easier than that but I'll have to research.

The forum improved in a lot of way after the last major upgrade but it also lost some really basic things that have proven to be a pain.  For example: easy embedding of youtube videos.

**I won't commit to looking very deeply into this because I'm going to try to get remotivated into splining and rendering and might need to avoid distractions along the way.  I will say though... if you post an image and want it a specific size... add a note inside the post that states something to the effect of 'please resize this to 100x100' and when I see that note I'll put some attention on it!  :)

P.S.  Forum preview is evil incarnate.  I never use it.

I submit and reedit instead as necessary.

A good idea is a seed, not a solution
See my effort to think about the art of animation at: My Blog
Want to learn A:M? Start TaoA:M

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users