Hash, Inc. Forums

Mouse Problems with Mac

Working in V17G under OSX 10.65

A problem not previously encountered.

Going through a chor in the PWS and trying to set the keys using the pose sliders in the properties box. Working fine until, a short while ago, the mouse disappeared after every click. Went to the desktop and it was there and available, just not in AM ?

Reverted to using the pose sliders window rather than properties and it seems OK. Soes anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing the problem ?

regards

simon

reboot ?

Long enough to have some sleep overnight !

On a more serious note.

The problem with the pose sliders seems to have settled with a reboot but, I was looking in the PWS and noticed some anomolies. One we've discussed before was the model bone growing during the course of the animation. Went in to check and found there some kets set that shouldn't have been there, so set about deleting them. Only for it to completely disrupt the animation.

I had animated without touching the model bone, only moving the rig in the model. Despite this, the values changed over time

This is the start001.png

and this is 25 seconds in 25.png

You can see the differences ?

When I deleted the odd keys, the orientation of the figure changed through 90 degrees from what it had been.

There had been some anomolies earlier in the day when copy and pasting pose keys in the PWS which seemed to alter the orientation. But I undid those and tried again

This is a bit odd ?

I've embedded the files and posted it here. If anyone can have a look at it?Ska 26.prj

regards

simon

Isn't this normal? since you are moving the whole rig in the model the model dimensions get altered. the modelbone is always as big as the dimensions of the model and like that this normal.

if you delete the keys the modelbone will snap to the original size and zero point and rotation values again and like that your animation is offset by that difference...

I do not think this is a bug... this is intended to be that way (or at least needs ro be like that)

this is why i find it odd to move only the rig (this has good reasons! non-sliding animation is much less hard to archieve like that but it is not really in the mindset of A:M like that)

see you

*Fuchur*

Gerald

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure it is normal (?) about two years ago I had a problem with the model bone growing and it was fixed by resetting it in the model /object area.. Since then I don't usually alter the model bone once its position, orientation and scale is set on the first frame. This is the first time I've noticed extra keys in the PWS but that might just be lack of looking on my part?

regards

simon

• Hash Fellow

I do detect some odd behavior in the model bone of NC 011.

When I load the PRJ it appears to have changing keys only on the translation channels. However the rotation keys are not at default 0,0,0 and have no key at 0:00

If I delete all the keys on the Model bone, then do an Undo to restore them, there will be a changing key on a Rotation channel. This happens because A:M is creating a default key at 0:00 which was missing from the original Rotation channels.

The Model bone seems to have been rotated and keyed in a desired orientation at 28:13 and then the resulting creeping rotation from 0:00 to 28:13 eliminated by deleting the keys at 0:00

If this were a Project I had created my first inquiry would be to go back the the last version that doesn't have changing keys on the model bone and figure out what changed between that and the next version.

It's a complicated mystery. Without having seen you do it I'm not sure I can ascertain what went wrong. :unsure:

For now... the animation works, right? I'd say live with it and save these PRJs in case there is some future idea for investigation.

I am going to guess that at some point when animating that you "slid" the keyframes for the model to the right, and that is one way that there would be no key frames at frame 0 for the rotation - see my simple example.

If you want to cleanup the key frames for your chor - Set a rotation keyframe on frame 0 for your model NC0111 for 0, -90, 0, and then delete all the keyframes for translation and rotation past frame 0 - the animation seems to be holding up here on my computer.

Ska 26keysatframe0.prj

SimonMissingKeyframes.jpg

deletekeys.jpg

Edited by NancyGormezano

Nancy, Robert.

Thank you very much for your help. Very much appreciated.

As you might have guessed.This was V26 of the chor. There have been so many it is difficult to remember all the changes but, as Nancy suggests, there were some when I slid the keys on the timeline, although not on the model bone if I recall properly. Will have a fuller look tomorrow, personal shutdown awaits but will reboot tomorrow.

regards

simon