- - - - -

Spline continuity and connecting splines

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23866 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows
  • Programmer:NO

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:10 AM

In the course of looking at one user's splining efforts, the video in this post takes a moment to explain "spline continuity" and how that can affect connecting spines.

Robert Holmén
------

Got an A:M question? Come to Live Answer Time.   Saturdays, Noon CDT (1700 GMT)

Watch the 2017 "Summer Memories" Image Contest Awards

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

87,848 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#2 Walter Baker

Walter Baker

wallzaker

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Walter (Wally) Baker
  • Morganton, NC
  • Macintosh

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

Rob I just did a quick count of all the little training tuts. you have done for people ( I count at least 27) and I think you need to make a disc or something to sell or give out (as you see fit). You have a wonderful way of making things easier and I have learned a lot for ALL your help. Just a thought. and a BIG THANK YOU.
Occam's razor:"All things being equal, the simplest explanation tends to often be correct" or, more informally "keep it simple."

#3 Rodney

Rodney

A:M Bot 14309

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6916 posts
  • Rodney Baker
  • *Admin*
  • Illinois (not Japan)
  • subscriber
  • Windows

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

I agree with your assessment Walter. Even if freely available elsewhere having a collection of Robert's video tutorials available for purchase would be a great way to financially support his effort and get the information out there. I would imagine the real trick (difficulty) would be to set it up in such a way that most of the funds actually get to Robert rather than disbursed to a distributor/middleman. Someday, someone will crack this whole distribution thing and people will be able to deal directly with the creators without the pain of current distribution methods. The middleman will still be there but the technology will only require a nominal maintenance fee to be paid (micropennies on the dollar). That will certainly be better than a fifty percent distribution fee off the top before a deal is even made.
"Animation is 90 percent hard work.  The other half is entirely mental!"
See my effort to think about the art of animation at: My Blog
Want to learn A:M? Start TaoA:M

#4 MMZ_TimeLord

MMZ_TimeLord

"THE MAN"

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • 1446 posts
  • Jody Krivohlavek
  • San Mateo, CA, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way
  • Windows

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

I'm in... where do I send my money? :D
MMZ>TimeLord
"Oooooooooh... that's gonna leave a mark!"

#5 itsjustme

itsjustme

David Simmons......me.

• Hash Fellow
  • 5464 posts
  • David Simmons
  • current
  • Windows

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

I'm in... where do I send my money? :D

Robert has a "buy me something" link to his wishlist in his signature. I'm sure he wouldn't mind getting something from there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users