Photo

Can't "hide" topic

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23988 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows
  • Programmer:NO

Posted 08 April 2016 - 06:53 PM

My topic moderation options are only "lock" and "delete"

Didn't I used to have "hide" available?

Robert Holmén
------

Got an A:M question? Come to Live Answer Time.   Saturdays, Noon CDT (1700 GMT)

Watch the 2017 "Summer Memories" Image Contest Awards

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

87,848 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#2 itsjustme

itsjustme

David Simmons......me.

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5474 posts
  • David Simmons
  • current
  • Windows

Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:31 PM

I think you should have "Edit Title", "Pin", "Lock", "Move", "Hide" and "Delete".  I have those options, but only rarely use them on one section of the forum.

#3 Rodney

Rodney

A:M Bot 14309

• Admin
  • 6963 posts
  • Rodney Baker
  • *Admin*
  • Illinois (not Japan)
  • subscriber
  • Windows

Posted 09 April 2016 - 02:40 AM

I'll take a look.  Some time back we had an 'Editors and Publishers' group that (I think) was vacated because no one had edited or published from that group in a year or more.

If that was where you got those particular permissions from that might account for the change although I would think your moderator status alone should allow for such things as hiding posts.

That's the only thing that springs to mind.

I'll give it a look so in a few hours (from this post) try to hide stuff.   ;)

"Animation is 90 percent hard work.  The other half is entirely mental!"
See my effort to think about the art of animation at: My Blog
Want to learn A:M? Start TaoA:M

#4 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23988 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows

Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:21 AM

I have very recently used "hide" on my "Files for Steffen" topics.

I can't see those anymore either.  Are they hidden from me?

Robert Holmén
------

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#5 Rodney

Rodney

• Admin
  • 6963 posts
  • Rodney Baker
  • *Admin*
  • Illinois (not Japan)
  • subscriber
  • Windows

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:10 AM

Robert,

There appears to have been a stray setting that may or may not have been corrected at this point that didn't allow you to hide your own posts.

That's odd though because another setting that allows this should override that one but appears not to be working.

Rather than hide posts though...

It might be better to set up a subforum that you can move posts to that Steffen can view and/or have read access from (ala linking from A:M reports)?

I understand that this is mainly a workaround because attachments aren't being maintained in A:M Reports.

One possible solution would be to enhance the current A:M Reports forum in the following way:

Reports/Queries could be posted by all forum members in the main A:M Reports area but once moved to a subforum would disappear from view.

Those topics would still be accessible by those in the Developers group and/or other groups as appropriate.

The way folks would know the issue was 'golden' would be where it either:

1) Returned to the main A:M Reports forum with suggestion to submit officially to A:M Reports

2) Appears in A:M Reports (suggesting someone with access to the subforum has submitted the report for the original reporter)

None of this would obligate Steffen to assign or otherwise involve himself with that report but others could assist him by doing some groundwork that would accompany/vet that report.  Steffen would have ability to view all of these topics and should something strike his fancy or fit in with current development efforts he could run with it.

All this is typing out loud with no particular direction in mind except to address that of the underlying rationale/need for hidden posts. 

Also, I unhid the previous files you refer to but am still not entirely sure why you could not see them.

#6 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • 23988 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows

Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:34 PM

Thank you for fixing that, Rodney.

I am now able to hide posts. 

I notice the ones I had previously hidden had become visible again so if there are any forum outrages you have hidden in the past you might need to revisit those. :o

I think this workaround for submitting files to AMReports will be sufficient until AMReports gets fixed.

Robert Holmén
------

#7 Rodney

Rodney

• Admin
  • 6963 posts
  • Rodney Baker
  • *Admin*
  • Illinois (not Japan)
  • subscriber
  • Windows

Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:49 PM

notice the ones I had previously hidden had become visible again so if there are any forum outrages you have hidden in the past you might need to revisit those.  :o

It was just those two topics from you to Steffen that were unhid.

I figure that once you see them you can hide them again and hopefully still see them.

My personal approach is to not to hide anything... that way I don't have to ever worry about things ever accidentally comin' unhiddin'.   ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users