Hash, Inc. Forums

use 3dcoat with AM easily

ludo_si

Hello friends,
with some delay, here is the video for use with 3DCoat AM.
very simple and mostly it works.
With 3DCoat, I found a way to paint objects and have maps without having to worry about the UV problems.
Any use perpixel. 3DCoat all tools can be used for AM. for convenience, I made a video that shows how to do it.
I used this method for my wolf.
The most is that the bump map to a report this time impeccable.

https://youtu.be/SSlyU6cOkpk

rendu010.jpg

• ____ 1

I'd like to add, that you do not NEED to use the bake function before exporting (I do not like it, because the automatic / baked decaling is a bit too chaotic to me, and there are seams along the patch edges...).

Instead, you can alternatively make your own, more convenient UVs on your model, and then export the OBJ. The rest of the workflow stays the same.

EDIT: This Video by William Sutton shows exatly what I'm talking about:

https://youtu.be/czaYXaf_9D8

Yes, of course but with this methode, i loose no times for uv work.

with this method here, there is no need at all to worry of uv, we won hours on a model complex.

his technique is great with AMpaint and photoshop but not very suitable for 3DCoat. And 3DCoat, I do a bake of ao, reflection, bump, specular, roughness much faster. The work of uv painful that can be said is no more.

About seams along the patch edges, i've never the problem because I ask to export overflow 4 pixels of each paches. rendering is always perfect. On my wolf, it has no problem with the edges.

and especially. The big advantage and diference here is not to work on an image, but paint directly on the model.

• ____ 1

I'd like to add, that you do not NEED to use the bake function before exporting (I do not like it, because the automatic / baked decaling is a bit too chaotic to me, and there are seams along the patch edges...).

Instead, you can alternatively make your own, more convenient UVs on your model, and then export the OBJ. The rest of the workflow stays the same.

EDIT: This Video by William Sutton shows exatly what I'm talking about:

https://youtu.be/czaYXaf_9D8

That video is way long... can you pinpoint at about what time the UVing in A:M happens?

About seams along the patch edges, i've never the problem because I ask to export overflow 4 pixels of each paches. rendering is always perfect. On my wolf, it has no problem with the edges.

Perfect! - I wasn't even aware of enabling "overflow" (margins) in the baking dialogue.

Thanks for pointing that out!!!!

Video William Sutton explains well in the uv AM and the coloring. But does not explain how to export it to another painting and suclpting 3d software as 3dcoat more powerful.

to have no edges with the textures, in AM click the button shift + bakesurface and appears the dialogue. and choose the margins (here 4).

i use the 4 too in 3dcoat it's in the preference of 3dcoat.

prefer12.jpg

• ____ 1