Hash, Inc. Forums

Just A Wooden Sword

kwhitaker

Hi everyone.

I had a big computer problem, a Microsoft error, called "Volume Shadow Copy Service" froze up all my security'

So i had to reinstall windows and all my programs to get rid of it.

Having backed up and saved helped. "all but what i was working on"

In the mess of it all, i lost the one choreographies i was working on.

So this picks up where, Dracollen is flying the elves across the ravine, finally coming to the witches house.

Thanks all :)

landing.mov

• Admin

Sorry to hear of your computer troubles Kat.

Looks like you are right back on track though!

Nice shot. The design of the house is very cool.

I'd like to recommend that the camera continue to Zoom in throughout this shot so that there isn't an abrupt stopping just prior to the dragon entering view. It looks like this is all one continuous shot and if so that would make the continuation of the zoom easier. If you've got these set up as two chors (one for zooming in and across the witch's house to the window/landing and one for the dragon landing) then you might just be able to just hook up the shots by having a very slow zooming in as the dragon lands. I would suggest that the zooming slow down considerably at the end of course in comparison to how fast the camera is moving over the house.

Looking very good!

Unfortunately, that is the one chors i lost.

But with your welcome advise, i can set up a new shot. with a slower zoom i was worried about landing the dragon with all the guys on it, Size of balcony, and doors. and way the guys could get into the witch house.

Thank you always, Rodney and robcat.

• Admin
Unfortunately, that is the one chors i lost.

Ah, I thought you had recreated that Chor to get this shot.

Sorry to hear that.

I was playing with your sequence in A:M to 'rezoom' the shot and met with a little success so if you aren't wanting to spend the time recreating the Chor it might be worth the effort to work the continuing zoom in post (it might be a real quick edit if you've got After Effects).

I'd hate to see you rebuild the Chor just for that zoom so I'll also offer this:

If you do rebuild... something that would add a nice touch at the very end would be to push the dragon a little lower to the platform and then pull her/him back up again. this and just a little anticipation of the landing displayed in the legs/feet would give the landing (which is the main point of the shot) a sense of completeness. Follow Through and settling in of that main action should really give the landing a nice sense of weight.

My gut feel is that you're going to want to have that Chor at some point in the future (additional renderings etc etc) so as painful as it might be I'll suggest recreating it.

i know what you mean about the anticipation of the landing, i did try pushing the dragon down a bit, when she landed, but the timing was not right. There was, more to come from this scene, before i lost it. So i need to rebuild the Chor anyway.

I can see with your clear description how it could look.

I have Adobe Premiere Elements, but I had to check on line to see the difference between that and Adobe After Effects. Sounds like some very cool effects. can you get to many programs? :)

Thank You Rodney, appreciate you taking the time to help.