Hash, Inc. Forums

Blast from the Past...

While reading Martin's post from earlier today, Stolen Smells, I followed the link to YouTube, and then happened upon the Hash CG History channel on YouTube (very cool, if you haven't checked it out), and it reminded me of a project I had worked on in a day gone by...

TBT Circa 1998 - Review and Herald New Releases 1998 conference!

https://youtu.be/sHgrs2pu6Z8

I had worked on a video to announce all the books that would be released that year by the Review & Herald Publishing Association, and a live action Book Store Manager would be meeting some Interesting Characters! The T-Rex (in the linked video) was one of the interesting characters!

There were 4 different animted characters in all - A Walrus, Goat, Snake, and the T-Rex. Fun Project! Unfortunately, at this point, the T-Rex is the only excerpt I still have from the video.

All characters were modeled and animated in A:M. I was the sole TD, Modeler, Animator, etc... We were using A:M '98 - I think that was like version 3.3 or something??? I had been a Mac Guy, but for this production, the A:M on the Mac was just not stable enough, so the client had purchased a Pentium 300 for me to work on! Fun Stuff!

-Tommy

• ____ 1

• Admin

I remember that one although it surely wasn't at the time you released it.

The snake... hmmm... that one sounds familiar too.

Heck, back then I barely had a dial up modem.

That's quite a project for a Pentium 300.

Color me impressed.