Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

work in progress bat attack in Dreadwoods forest next

kwhitaker

thanks Martin, i get so evolved in the animation, it's good to take a break and see all the great work, that all you other artist and animators have done. I am looking for a way to put low misty fog in the next scene, because the elves are going into the swampy part of Dreadwood's forest. I've been playing around with smoke, but I wonder if their is a better way. thanks for any help. Katt

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am looking for a way to put low misty fog in the next scene, because the elves are going into the swampy part of Dreadwood's forest. I've been playing around with smoke, but I wonder if their is a better way.

Try a Volumetric Effect. Use a Rectangular shape (Sun), and pull the corners of the bounding volume where you want the low-lying mist to be.

Mark (mtpeak2) Skodacek did some GREAT eerie mist for Yoop's Castle in TWO - ask him.

I am looking for a way to put low misty fog in the next scene, because the elves are going into the swampy part of Dreadwood's forest. I've been playing around with smoke, but I wonder if their is a better way.

Try a Volumetric Effect. Use a Rectangular shape (Sun), and pull the corners of the bounding volume where you want the low-lying mist to be.

Mark (mtpeak2) Skodacek did some GREAT eerie mist for Yoop's Castle in TWO - ask him.

Thank you Martin, i'll give that a try, and i'll check with Mark Skodacek

Katt, can you post a screen shot of the set you need the misty fog?

Mark is this what you had in mind with the screen shot, i wanted smokie mist , it put the force on 80 rate of emission 500 and thickness18, haha not working, <_ any suggestions thanks katt>

Ok, I spent some time messing with a sprite material and this is what I have so far. Mind you, this is a 1 pass render. Let me know if this is the look you want.

hum..it can't get it to open, couse i've tried to upload a clip to youtube and could not do it "something to do with high speed internet " i still have dial up here in the Maine woods", any chance a screen shot. i.m sure its great, do you have skpe, zip it send it thanks katt

Mike, I use the smoke material from the AM cd. The settings I used probably wouldn't mean much, most of them depend on scale of the model. The main thing is to lower the initial velocity, gravity and spin to minimize the sprite movement.