Photo

Tin Servant's Cape

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23829 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows
  • Programmer:NO

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:12 PM

What is the intended result of Tin Servant's cape? It appears to be rigged so that a dynamic simulation might be done on it, but I haven't seen a shot where that has happened. Has it? Is there a person assigned to to that before shots go to render, or is it being left as a rigid shell?

Robert Holmén
------

Got an A:M question? Come to Live Answer Time.   Saturdays, Noon CDT (1700 GMT)

Watch the 2017 "Summer Memories" Image Contest Awards

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

87,848 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#2 mtpeak2

mtpeak2

Not a Master

• Film
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5767 posts
  • Mark Skodacek
  • New Jersey
  • Windows

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:42 PM

I believe someone, Holmes?, was doing simcloth on it.
2008 Rig updated 04/20/2011

#3 itsjustme

itsjustme

David Simmons......me.

• Hash Fellow
  • 5463 posts
  • David Simmons
  • current
  • Windows

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:12 PM

I believe someone, Holmes?, was doing simcloth on it.

I did a couple of scenes with the cape...I used Simcloth and put a large bone in that hangs the length of the cape to help tweak the movement. I also saved a cloth material and a deflector material in the folder with the TinServant. I forget what the scene numbers were...they were in the castle after Woot first arrives. I could hunt down the exact scenes if necessary.

Hope that helps.

-------------------------------------
EDIT
-------------------------------------

One of the scenes was 1_03_05...I might be mistaken about doing a second one with the cape, I could've sworn I did. I also did a scene with Ozma's dress that was in 3_05_04.

#4 KenH

KenH

Blind Lord of all he sees.

• Film
  • 13769 posts
  • Ken Heslip
  • Dublin,Ireland
  • Windows
  • Contests Won:***(mascot)

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:57 PM

I think I was doing some of the shots in the bedroom, but I couldn't get it to calculate no matter what I did. Then I also had a problem with the AM version I was on. I thought it had been reassigned.
Vista Home Premium 64 bit/AM v15/ATI Radeon HD3870/8Gb 800mhz DDR2 RAM/e8400 Processor
My AM Goodies Store
My T.W.O models
Get your AM problems fixed at AM:Reports

#5 PF_Mark

PF_Mark

TWO Animator

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • 1820 posts
  • Mark Allan
  • Ontario, Canada
  • Windows

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:42 PM

I animated TS cap collar in some scenes because his head was penetrating it so if you do a cloth on the cap I wonder if you want to or can leave the collar out of it? Just thought it might be better to let you know?
Mark Allan

#6 itsjustme

itsjustme

David Simmons......me.

• Hash Fellow
  • 5463 posts
  • David Simmons
  • current
  • Windows

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:51 PM

I animated TS cap collar in some scenes because his head was penetrating it so if you do a cloth on the cap I wonder if you want to or can leave the collar out of it? Just thought it might be better to let you know?

It might have changed since I messed with it, but the collar was separate from the cape in the simulations that I did...there wasn't any need to do cloth on the collar in those.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users