CG animation fan

• A:M User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Ralf Kampp
  • near Heidelberg, Germany
  • Windows

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:45 AM

Hi guys, I have been away from TWO and this forum for quite a long time so sorry for asking a question that might be clear for anybody else here. * Will TWO be released on a real DVD? * If YES: How can I get it? :-) * If NO: Are the finally rendered movie files available somewhere for download? Caroline (thanks :-)) pointed me to their youTube location and I was so excited and proud when spotting some of the scenes that I have done. But I have poor bandwidth at home and still would like to show the movie to my family. So I thought about putting the movie files on a DVD by myself. Is there anything? Thanks and regards, Ralf
Regards,
Ralf

#2 Rodney

Rodney

A:M Bot 14309

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6975 posts
  • Rodney Baker
  • *Admin*
  • Illinois (not Japan)
  • subscriber
  • Windows

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:23 AM

There isn't a DVD available yet unfortunately. Email Martin personally and let him know how much you are looking forward to the DVD. :)
"Animation is 90 percent hard work.  The other half is entirely mental!"
See my effort to think about the art of animation at: My Blog
Want to learn A:M? Start TaoA:M

#3 Raffi

Raffi

CG animation fan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Ralf Kampp
  • near Heidelberg, Germany
  • Windows

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:19 AM

Looking through the forum I just found this related thread ... http://www.hash.com/...showtopic=32385

I did not find it earlier because the title was a bit misleading :)
Regards,
Ralf

#4 heyvern

heyvern

Native American Mennonite

• Hash Fellow (Hon)
  • 4840 posts
  • Vernon Zehr
  • Macintosh
  • Contests Won:*

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:24 AM

I just watched the whole thing on Youtube yesterday. It's in 11 parts. I assume this is the completed movie but I couldn't say for sure. Just do a search on youtube for Tin Woodman of Oz. -vern

#5 GCharb

GCharb

New User

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Gilles Charbonneau
  • Quebec, Canada
  • Windows

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:56 AM

Here's the link

http://www.youtube.c...p;v=pqFZyy-es38

You can watch it in HD by clicking the view in hd button below the video.

Gilles

#6 GCharb

GCharb

New User

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Gilles Charbonneau
  • Quebec, Canada
  • Windows

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:29 AM

You can also post comments on the page, lett the world know what you think of it! :) Gilles

#7 rusty

rusty

3D Since 1992: 92-99 tS2; 99-00 Max; 00-01 XSI; 01-present Hash

• *A:M User*
  • 1816 posts
  • Rusty Williamson
  • San Diego, CA
  • Windows

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:06 PM

You can also post comments on the page, lett the world know what you think of it! :)

Gilles

Is the TWO movie available anywhere for download (other then Your Tube)?

Rusty
"There's always an answer."
"Buy real estate! Then buy more and more and more!"
--------------------
Rusty Williamson
Owner

Virtualmedia Studios
An R & D effort to promote reading.
www.virtualmediastudios.com

"The SPIRAL SLAYER" A Sci-fi Epic -- Work In Progress at Virtualmedia Studios

System Info:
(Primary Development Box/Slave 1) Alienware Aurora ALX / Intel Core i7 960 (3.2GHz, 8MB Cache)
9GB Triple Channel 1333Mhz DDR3 / Single ATI Radeon HD 5970, 2GB GDDR5
1.2TB RAID 0 (2x 640GB SATA-II, 7,200 RPM, 16MB Cache HDDs)
Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit / Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
(Devl Sys 2/Render Slave 2) Alienware M14xR2 / Windows 8 (64bit) SP0
Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz /6 Gb RAM /NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Hitachi HTS727550A9E364 7200 RPM 465.8 GB / Sound Blaster Recon3Di
(Render Farm Slaves 3-8 -- XP Prof SP2) (Devl Sys 1/Render Slave 1) Boxx 3200, Athlon 64X2 4800+, 3GB DDR400, Win7 64bit;
Dell/Dim8200/P4 2.53GHz/1Gb; 2xDell/Dim2350/Celeron
2GHz/1Gb; Dell/Oplex/2xP3 866MHz/1Gb; HP P3 800MHz/512Mb; eMachine P3 800MHz/512Mb

#8 bsperan

bsperan

New User

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Missouri, United States
  • Windows

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:31 PM

Indeed, I want to ask the same thing!

Also, I found it a bit rediculous that the Hash, Inc. WIKI did not mention where to actually find the TWO movie release. Many of your WIKI pages are in desperate need of updating.

For example, the Main Page TWO on the Hash, Inc. WIKI doesn't even mention that the TWO project was finished. In fact, it suggests just the opposite. Among other things, it claims "to find out more about TWO visit the TWO area in the A:M Forum." But, in actuality, that link takes one to the "Hash Movie Project" area of the forums, which is now occupied by the SO (Scarecrow of Oz) project, which is the new project after TWO.

Even the Tin Woodman of Oz page on the WIKI doesn't explain about the projects current status or where to find the movie.

My point is that these out-of-date pages are confusing to visitors and new members such as myself. I would think that Hash, Inc. would want it to be known far and wide about the release of this major movie project that promotes their software product!

In any case, I suggest you consider uploading the TWO movie to someplace other than YouTube. While extremely popular, YouTube is known for rather poor quality video. And YouTube is extremely restrictive on the size and number of minutes in duration, hence having to split it up into nearly a dozen parts.

Perhaps someone is willing to upload to someplace like Revver? Their FAQ states:

We do not have an upper limit on length of video so long as your file is under 100MB.
We accept the following formats: MOV, MPEG, MPG, MP4, WMV, ASF, AVI (including DIVX).

And if 100MB is not enough for the entire thing, it could easily be broken into two or more parts. (It should take much less than 11 parts, however!)

If Revver is not an option, how about Veoh?

But, IMHO, the best and most obvious option would be to host the .avi, mov, or .mpeg on hash.com itself! (Or at least on some file host like Rapidshare.) Some of us, particularly those of us cursed with slow internet speeds, want to be able to download the entire movie (preferable in high quality) and to watch at our leasure. And downloading once takes less bandwidth than watching and re-watching it over several times online. We might even want to burn it to disk and then share with friends and family. Who knows, that might get friends and family interested in Animation Master...

#9 KenH

KenH

Blind Lord of all he sees.

• Film
  • 13769 posts
  • Ken Heslip
  • Dublin,Ireland
  • Windows
  • Contests Won:***(mascot)

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:52 PM

You are a wise grasshopper bsperan.
Vista Home Premium 64 bit/AM v15/ATI Radeon HD3870/8Gb 800mhz DDR2 RAM/e8400 Processor
My AM Goodies Store
My T.W.O models
Get your AM problems fixed at AM:Reports

#10 Rodney

Rodney

A:M Bot 14309

• Admin
  • 6975 posts
  • Rodney Baker
  • *Admin*
  • Illinois (not Japan)
  • subscriber
  • Windows

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:28 PM

Thanks for taking the time to post bsperan. Updating the TWO wiki is a very good suggestion.
"Animation is 90 percent hard work.  The other half is entirely mental!"
See my effort to think about the art of animation at: My Blog
Want to learn A:M? Start TaoA:M

#11 HomeSlice

HomeSlice

Ancient Chinese Secret

• Film
  • 4632 posts
  • Holmes Bryant
  • Taos, NM
  • Windows
  • Contests Won:*

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:07 PM

You can always just use one of the many tools available for downloading YouTube content to your hard drive. There's a Firefox extension called "DownloadHelper" that works pretty well.

#12 Paul Forwood

Paul Forwood

Somewhere in the blue-green range of the spectrum

• Hash Fellow (Hon)
  • 4939 posts
  • London
  • Windows

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:43 AM

I have burned a copy to DVD and watched it on our tv. It looks so much better that way.
Try http://www.keepvid.com
Fishin' Music video CURRENTLY ON HOLD...again!

#13 PF_Mark

PF_Mark

TWO Animator

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • 1820 posts
  • Mark Allan
  • Ontario, Canada
  • Windows

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:02 AM

Indeed, I want to ask the same thing!

Also, I found it a bit rediculous that the Hash, Inc. WIKI did not mention where to actually find the TWO movie release. Many of your WIKI pages are in desperate need of updating.

For example, the Main Page TWO on the Hash, Inc. WIKI doesn't even mention that the TWO project was finished. In fact, it suggests just the opposite. Among other things, it claims "to find out more about TWO visit the TWO area in the A:M Forum." But, in actuality, that link takes one to the "Hash Movie Project" area of the forums, which is now occupied by the SO (Scarecrow of Oz) project, which is the new project after TWO.

Even the Tin Woodman of Oz page on the WIKI doesn't explain about the projects current status or where to find the movie.

My point is that these out-of-date pages are confusing to visitors and new members such as myself. I would think that Hash, Inc. would want it to be known far and wide about the release of this major movie project that promotes their software product!

In any case, I suggest you consider uploading the TWO movie to someplace other than YouTube. While extremely popular, YouTube is known for rather poor quality video. And YouTube is extremely restrictive on the size and number of minutes in duration, hence having to split it up into nearly a dozen parts.

Perhaps someone is willing to upload to someplace like Revver? Their FAQ states:

We do not have an upper limit on length of video so long as your file is under 100MB.
We accept the following formats: MOV, MPEG, MPG, MP4, WMV, ASF, AVI (including DIVX).

And if 100MB is not enough for the entire thing, it could easily be broken into two or more parts. (It should take much less than 11 parts, however!)

If Revver is not an option, how about Veoh?

But, IMHO, the best and most obvious option would be to host the .avi, mov, or .mpeg on hash.com itself! (Or at least on some file host like Rapidshare.) Some of us, particularly those of us cursed with slow internet speeds, want to be able to download the entire movie (preferable in high quality) and to watch at our leasure. And downloading once takes less bandwidth than watching and re-watching it over several times online. We might even want to burn it to disk and then share with friends and family. Who knows, that might get friends and family interested in Animation Master...

Perhaps If you are willing you can help us in permoting TWO? You need to talk to Martin before doing anything he is the Project leader. The situation is this is a Volunteer Group Project and we need more help in doing the things you just suggested. It's not that we are not aware of these problems and we all want them updated/fixed there is simply no one able to do it. We each do what we want or know how to do or enjoy. I want to Animate so that is how I help he Project and over the years of us as a team doing this we get people that volunteer and these things work well but they seem to drop off after a while and each one of us are trying to get what we are working on done that these things get missed.

We have a saying here in the Movie Project Group and in these forums. When making suggestions about how to improve things be prepared to asked to implement your suggestion if we agree to them. ;)
Mark Allan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users