Hash, Inc. Forums

rigging my model

lazz

I just got Animation Master for Christmas, and this is the model I've first made. Its called Mix the Jester. The only problem is that I don't understand how to put a skeletal rig in it and make the hands work. I don't get how to make the hands work. So, if anyone could give me tips on how to rig it, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks :D

mix.mov

• Hash Fellow
The manual that came with the software is kinda too general on the material for skeletal rigs.
Too general? Exercise 13 "Show some backbone" is all about putting a skeleton in a biped character, just like yours is.

nice character, it oughta work well with that rig.

Great character you`ve got there, especially if it`s your first. I like the design a lot. It should look great in motion so I hope you get it rigged okay.

Save a copy of your character model under a different name and experiment with adding bones to the copy following the tutorial as Robcat2075 said. Good luck with it.

• Hash Fellow
I don't get how to make the hands work.
Hmmm, I missed that part of the question the first time....

as far as the finger bones... you have to unhide them in the AM 2001 rig and associate CPs with them, much like you do for the arm and leg bones.

exercise 3 has a section on making the hands work. I'm presuming the rig in that Rabbit is the same as the AM 2001 rig. I've been using the Anzovin rig so I admit I haven't really messed with the standard AM rig.

yeah. my animation is too long for me to post (apparently there's a maximum of 30 frames), so I am only able to put up one frame. Otherwise it would just be like the last half of a kick and it would be kinda pointless. If there's a way to post larger files, please let me know. that would be cool