Hash, Inc. Forums

2008 Rig - Mirror bones didn't quite work

fae_alba

I've been cooking Papa Bear's rig low and slow for quite some time, adding cp weights, a face rig etc. Finally I got to a stage where I felt it was time to finalize things and executed the mirror bones plug in (2008 rig btw). Once I did this per the instructions, I noticed right away that the eye, ear, lip bones I added did not mirror. Upon further investigation I also noticed that the fan bones for the arms and legs, as well as the shoulder bone didn't mirror either.

Well, as another bear once muttered, "Oh bother!"

If anyone might give a look and offer up some hints I'd appreciate it.

PappaBear2008RigFinal_7_2008_PostInstallRigV22pre_mirrorbones.mdl

Ok, first thing, the bones in the face need to be renamed with Right in their name, not Left. Also, move the base of the lip bones to the right of center. As for the fan bones not mirroring, that usually means you are not using the correct settings in the mirrorbone plugin. Most of the time it's not using a capital R in Right and a capital L in Left in the plugin dialog.

I also see some of the spine bones are being mirrored, which they shouldn't. Check the spine bones to make sure they are set to 0 on the X and Z axis'. (start and end)

Ok, first thing, the bones in the face need to be renamed with Right in their name, not Left. Also, move the base of the lip bones to the right of center. As for the fan bones not mirroring, that usually means you are not using the correct settings in the mirrorbone plugin. Most of the time it's not using a capital R in Right and a capital L in Left in the plugin dialog.

I also see some of the spine bones are being mirrored, which they shouldn't. Check the spine bones to make sure they are set to 0 on the X and Z axis'. (start and end)

Goog God, how the hell did I miss the bone naming screw up! Well slap me upside the head and color me stupid! I'll work this out and let you all know!