Hash, Inc. Forums

just a wooden sword { JAWS)

kwhitaker

Hi

this piece is a remaking of what was once done, but I needed to put scales on the last dragon scene as well.

THIS is shot no music,but with more to come later

I went to see IceAge-----Just Wow. ! so good, make me want to through stones at my STUFF

I could need some help

any thoughts thanks for watchen

• Admin

Its been awhile since I've been able to look in on 'Just a Wooden Sword'.

LOOKING GOOD! :)

Watching these short clips is tough as it doesn't give us the bigger view.

As it stands alone though I really like this one.

You've expertly drawn our attention back and forth from the dragon's face to the egg (nice roll!).

Its a painful... yet I get the feeling by the wobble of the egg... a promising moment?

Nicely done.

Now I'm off to track down some of your other recent shots!

Edit: In looking again... there does seem to be a little room for improvement in the timing.

The dragon's facial animation and the rolling of the egg start at the same moment.

If you are able perhaps the egg roll could be delayed just a moment?

This would allow all attention to remain on the dragon's face for a moment longer which I think is important.

When the egg rolls our attention definitely goes with it.

If you are able perhaps the egg roll could be delayed just a moment?

This would allow all attention to remain on the dragon's face for a moment longer which I think is important.

Thank you Rodney, this whole part is a thought from the past, by Onton about how he found his dragon egg,

there is no words in this , so your suggestion is so good, as I am trying to get across how sad the dragon feels .

[ Perhaps just a slow truck backwards with the camera to heighten the empty hopeless & isolated feeling as she is dying(?)

that's a good idea, this part will continue on with the camera panning back to the dragon, and more.

.I added a pause in the rolling of the egg as Rodney suggested..

re-render the witch scene with the change in the dialog, I'm still trying to find the right dropping plopping sound for the snails dropping into the pot, I will post it then, it all fits much smother. thanks frosteternal

• Admin

In looking at this sequence I've got to say...

The texture (red leaves?) on the ground, the trees, the dragon, the egg, the animation (both on the dragon and egg rolling)

All are wonderful.

You are getting really good at this Katt!

My playback isn't working right on my end and the movie starts out a little choppy so I can't really comment on your change in timing but it looks good from here! (probabaly need to clear out my browsers cache or something)

You're characters and story have got me intrigued... again!