Hash, Inc. Forums

Willy The Beer Bug

I have been working on this out of my head .I was going to sketch out pose of front,side top but thought to myself I no what I want so go at it see what happens.

this is what I have so far.I have a few questions.First is the patch splines all right for rigging. The hands is there way to many splines/patches to rig .I really do not no what I am doing with this . Third stab at this Type modeling.I Have done mostly mechanical modeling.

Thank you for the help in advance

wire_frame_willy_Beer_Bug.jpg

willys_hand.jpg

sorry forgot to ask this question this is what halted me. How to make all wrinkles on upper and lower eye lids few in belly/chin on body.do I use baked surface or make with splines patches.

• Hash Fellow

That's a great looking creature. Hieronymus Bosch would be jealous.

Generally, fewer splines are easier for rigging, but if you need a spline to make the shape, you need the spline. You often find that as you are rigging you think of ways to change th splining to make things easier.

You seem to understand "hooks" so i would say that is the solution for the excessive splines on the palm. Most of those splines running from the fingers could be terminated in hooks much sooner.

You can have up to four hooks attached to one spline segment (they fit at the 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 points). If they are in an highly visible area, just one will be smoother.

I'll note that you can't make a five-pointer if it has a hook attached to one side, but you CAN attach a hook to the side of a five-pointer AFTER it is made.

• Hash Fellow
sorry forgot to ask this question this is what halted me. How to make all wrinkles on upper and lower eye lids few in belly/chin on body.do I use baked surface or make with splines patches.

A bump or displacement map would be my first gambit to make wrinkles.

Nice character Maniac, I really liked it. It have a lot of personality.

about the hand splinage I did a quick fix on it and took 4 splines as you can see in the image attached.

Eliminate the "red" splines and create "green" splines... then you'll have 4 x 5 points patch ( blue ) instead 16 x 4 patches.

hand.jpg

Thank you all for your help and time. This is the best place to learn everybody here is so helpful

this is what he looks like now still working on him want to put suction cups on bottom of feet and 1or2 small suction cups in palm of hands

Willy_shaded.jpg

Just a couple of words re design.

1. "Tusks" - do you really want them growing out of his bottom lip? or should they be out of his lower teeth!

2. Spines on his back - there isn't always a need to make the geometry continuous. Spines, like tusks penetrate through the skin which can be disguised by additional geometry.

3. Since you have given him fingers, why not toes?

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Thank for your advise. sorry did not get back to forum sooner but work is keeping me pretty busy. Made a few changes

made foot

Changed nose

removed tusks as you thought they were .they were going to be feelers very flexable move while walk .I removed them

gave him no spikes

thinking of putting wings on him?

side.jpg

front.jpg

I'll be honest here, with the exception of the feet, I liked your first iteration with the spikes. The feeler idea I think is a good one, only have them pointing down not up. Add a dynamic bone chain to the feelers and let them move freely with body motion. That would add some "character" to the character.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Hash Fellow

My first quick comment would be to move the origin of the bicep so that it is more over the armpit area and not so far out into the arm.

Also move the origin of the shoulder bone farther in, almost to the spine. Think how shoulders move when they shrug.

After that some CP weighting will need to be done to create smooth bends at those joints.

Can you bring this to Live Answer Time?

I have run into a problem i just can not figure out with left arm it wants to tuck in useing run action, can not figure out what I Have done wrong,Will Some nice person here have a look to see what I messed up.And tell me how to fix this Please Thank you

I do have A,M Community runing While I am working on Projects Again. I will keep runing A.M Comunity. I Used this when i first started to work with A.M Version 11.0.. It is kinda quiet now. Name Maniac-Terry

Start CP Weights Willy Boned3.mdl

I am not sure why it is happening, but you an easily fix it by rotating Left Elbow in the chor to about -13.5° (or something like that... just in a way that it is aiming outside).

Then he is running well :). Good job!

See you

*Fuchur*

• 4 weeks later...