Photo
- - - - -

Get your BUS STOP here

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
181 replies to this topic

#151 robcat2075

robcat2075

persistent smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24048 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:17 PM

At least 8 more days to do magic Bus Stop animation!

... And render ... Not sure I'll make it.

It's unlikely I'll have this thing all edited together on the morning of October 21 so you probably have some wiggle room.

ETA: Will v16 help out with render times? I have a dual core AMD Turion 64 x2 Mobile TL50 (1.6 GHz). Is it risky to switch from 15 to 16 right at the end like that?

16 probably will be faster and if you got two cores and enough ram you can probably run the netrender. Try a few frames and compare with a v15 render to see if anything is going wrong.

Robert Holmén
------

Got an A:M question? Come to Live Answer Time.   Saturdays, Noon CDT (1700 GMT)

Watch the 2017 "Summer Memories" Image Contest Awards

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

87,848 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#152 mtpeak2

mtpeak2

Not a Master

• Film
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5767 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:41 PM

ROB- Here is my submission. I did not want to share it with the masses, but I can't think of any other way to get it to you- and just you. Also, you wanted individual jpeg frames- but I made a Quicktime... this way I am sending you one link and not 500+. Let me know if you really-really need frames, I'll figure another way to send it... I'll probably need your email address so I can send you a link to a dropbox folder. -Thanks!

http://dl.dropbox.co...t Campbell1.mov

Matt, did you increase the lighting, add a light or increase the ambiance intensity? Something in not quite right with the render.
2008 Rig updated 04/20/2011

#153 robcat2075

robcat2075

persistent smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24048 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:09 AM

I'm not going have my own segment finished by the 20th so if anyone is panicking about their own piece it's ok to go over a few days. Let us know if you're on the way.

Robert Holmén
------

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#154 fae_alba

fae_alba

Pappa Bear

• Papa Bear Studios
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:59 PM

I'm not going have my own segment finished by the 20th so if anyone is panicking about their own piece it's ok to go over a few days.

Let us know if you're on the way.

I'm trying my damndest to get it done!

Paul V Harris
visit my new blog!
http://wandererswood.com/

#155 robcat2075

robcat2075

persistent smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • 24048 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:30 PM

I'm not going have my own segment finished by the 20th so if anyone is panicking about their own piece it's ok to go over a few days.

Let us know if you're on the way.

I'm trying my damndest to get it done!

I'll hold the train for you, since I'm holding it for me too. :rolleyes:

Robert Holmén
------

#156 TheSpleen

TheSpleen

Animation:Master

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • 3849 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:58 PM

did you get mine ok?
"To be honest....I animate and design to make myself laugh. And if I accomplish that then I have succeeded!
And in turn others as well will laugh too."

#157 robcat2075

robcat2075

persistent smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • 24048 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:13 PM

If you sent a link, I haven't downloaded anything yet. The only person that I know of who sent me an actual file is JohnL3D and I downloaded that but haven't' looked at it yet.

Robert Holmén
------

#158 fae_alba

fae_alba

Pappa Bear

• Papa Bear Studios
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:33 PM

I'll hold the train for you, since I'm holding it for me too. :rolleyes:

Many thanks compadre!

Paul V Harris
visit my new blog!
http://wandererswood.com/

#159 TheSpleen

TheSpleen

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • 3849 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:22 PM

If you sent a link, I haven't downloaded anything yet.

The only person that I know of who sent me an actual file is JohnL3D and I downloaded that but haven't' looked at it yet.

I posted a link here
"To be honest....I animate and design to make myself laugh. And if I accomplish that then I have succeeded!

#160 dblhelix

dblhelix

Craftsman

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:09 PM

a new deadline?! maybe i should try make better plastic :huh: control freak query: (pardons for finding the thread length a bit much to browse for previous answers) how's the madness/breeze ratio coming along for you robcat, you said earlier we should mind the length in both beginning and end, to allow time for the bus to pass. i'm wondering if it's easier for you to download frames or to stretch a frame in your editing program according to animator's wishes?
Vista Home; AMD Athlon dual QL62; 2GHz; Geforce 8200MG 4G; Wacom Intuos3 6x11

#161 robcat2075

robcat2075

persistent smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • 24048 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:40 PM

a new deadline?!

maybe i should try make better plastic :huh:

Feel free to polish

control freak query:
(pardons for finding the thread length a bit much to browse for previous answers)

how's the madness/breeze ratio coming along for you robcat,

madness... breeze... ratio? :blink:

you said earlier we should mind the length in both beginning and end, to allow time for the bus to pass.
i'm wondering if it's easier for you to download frames or to stretch a frame in your editing program according to animator's wishes?

Easier for me to download frames

Robert Holmén
------

#162 dblhelix

dblhelix

Craftsman

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:24 AM

madness... breeze... ratio? :blink:

this was regarding your workload. "king of a small country" vs. "naah.. just 24-7"

Easier for me to download frames

gotcha.
today i was good, had lots of time and browsed the thread for audio instructions. didn't find any?
not familiar with jpeg sequence. what to do with the audio when sending you files and how to compress the audio if at all? (using a clip from a:m library)

#163 robcat2075

robcat2075

persistent smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • 24048 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:22 AM

not familiar with jpeg sequence. what to do with the audio when sending you files and how to compress the audio if at all? (using a clip from a:m library)

If you need audio, do a quick shaded render Quicktime movie of your segment also. That will include synched sound which I can match up with your image sequence in post.

Robert Holmén
------

#164 dblhelix

dblhelix

Craftsman

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:06 AM

ok thanks!

#165 John Bigboote

John Bigboote

that one guy

• Hash Fellow
  • 6390 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:45 AM

Before you commence editorial Rob... you should post a list of everyone you got submissions from, give people a chance to say 'where's mine?'

#166 number

number

Apprentice

• A:M User
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:23 AM

Should be ready for download. JPEGS and soudtrack in the zip. Test download worked.

http://dl.dropbox.co...berts_Final.zip

--Tim R

#167 robcat2075

robcat2075

persistent smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • 24048 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:32 AM

Should be ready for download. JPEGS and soudtrack in the zip. Test download worked.

--Tim R

something must be missing from the URL. I get a 404 error.

Robert Holmén
------

#168 number

number

Apprentice

• A:M User
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:45 AM

k. Please try this one. Looks like I trimmed up the URL somehow.

Actually read the BB Code help. Looks better now.

Thanks for the quick reply.

--Tim R

#169 dblhelix

dblhelix

Craftsman

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:57 PM

one gigantic file w uncompressed audio and timecode - well after uploading it for 30 minutes, that's clearly not going to happen. i'll get you a compressed audio w TC tomorrow, shut down the a:m machine already and have to go to bed now. one ruddy awful render with a hiccup in image you're not to mind to show starting point for audio and one audio edit Attached File  AVwTC.mov   2.44MB   47 downloads and a jpeg folder Attached File  dblh.zip   9.73MB   47 downloads

#170 dblhelix

dblhelix

Craftsman

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:27 PM

*yawn* ok that was refreshing! good morning. :D uncompressed audio (yes!) with timecode for your leisure, robcat. Attached File  AVwTC.mov   2.44MB   47 downloads do delete these posts after you've downloaded, you're admin aren't you and can do that? or let me know and i will. just fillin' up the server wastin' space.

#171 John Bigboote

John Bigboote

that one guy

• Hash Fellow
  • 6390 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:11 PM

The link to my .mov was found on page 10 of this very thread...

I am testing it right now... it is...taking... a coupla....minutes. Okay... I see it only works if you have QTPro... I am trying a different way.

Here's how to get mine via DropBox:

With QTPro... click the link...let movie load...rightclick on movie and save as...
WithOUT QTPro...rightclick on LINK...choose save link as...

I never got around to doing sound for mine.

THANKS!

#172 TheSpleen

TheSpleen

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • 3849 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:49 PM

The link to my .mov was found on page 10 of this very thread...

I am testing it right now... it is...taking... a coupla....minutes. Okay... I see it only works if you have QTPro... I am trying a different way.

Here's how to get mine via DropBox:

With QTPro... click the link...let movie load...rightclick on movie and save as...
WithOUT QTPro...rightclick on LINK...choose save link as...

I never got around to doing sound for mine.

THANKS!

mov is acceptable?

#173 robcat2075

robcat2075

persistent smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • 24048 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:18 PM

mov is acceptable?

I'll give it a try!

Robert Holmén
------

#174 TheSpleen

TheSpleen

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • 3849 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:32 PM

Yay! no soundtracks on mine either.

#175 robcat2075

robcat2075

persistent smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • 24048 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:02 PM

Yay!
no soundtracks on mine either.

So where do i find it?

Robert Holmén
------

#176 TheSpleen

TheSpleen

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • 3849 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:30 PM

try these links
https://dl.dropbox.c...4/bus1/bus1.mov
https://dl.dropbox.c...bus2/busnew.mov
https://dl.dropbox.c...us3/aaabus3.mov

#177 robcat2075

robcat2075

persistent smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • 24048 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:14 PM

try these links
https://dl.dropbox.c...4/bus1/bus1.mov
https://dl.dropbox.c...bus2/busnew.mov
https://dl.dropbox.c...us3/aaabus3.mov

Spleen... Those movies are 30 fps, do you really mean them to be 24 fps?

Robert Holmén
------

#178 TheSpleen

TheSpleen

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • 3849 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:44 PM

just forget my entries. problem solved.

#179 robcat2075

robcat2075

persistent smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • 24048 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:01 PM

just forget my entries.
problem solved.

No, we want them!

I can retime them in Aftereffects. Was originally rendered at 30 or 24 fps?

Robert Holmén
------

#180 TheSpleen

TheSpleen

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • 3849 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:06 PM

just forget my entries.
problem solved.

No, we want them!

I can retime them in Aftereffects. Was originally rendered at 30 or 24 fps?

I strictly used the project file. And I was assuming the camera was set.
But yes I normally work at 30fps.
sorry for all the difficulties with the clips.
Gene

#181 tbenefi33

tbenefi33

Prolific

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:22 AM

Mines done. Robert Stroud escaped from Alcatraz. Attached File  My_Bus_Stop.mov   3.21MB   74 downloads

#182 robcat2075

robcat2075

persistent smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • 24048 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:07 PM

It's Real Close Nowę. ;) Every week for the last three months I thought "I'm just a couple days from finishing my segment!" So you'll be glad to know... I'm just a couple days from finishing my segment. Thank you for your patience.

Robert Holmén
------