Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Face controls?

jakerupert

My good , coming from the other rigs that Squetchrig really looks intimidating.

To begin with, just played around a little with Squetchy Sam.

But where do I activate the Osipian face controls?

After some fiddeling around in the dark, I got them to show up somehow, but they remained dead?

Any advice?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe its because I am still using 13 h?

Guess I will try if updating to 13 s helps...

13s is the minimum needed to use the Posable installation, but, any v13 should work fine for using the Squetch Rig.

The FACE controls can be unhidden in an Action or Choreography using the "Animation_Controls/FACE Interface/FACE off/Joint Controls/Split Controls" Pose in the "Pose Sliders" menu..."0" hides the FACE controls, "1" unhides the controls that link both sides of the face, "2" unhides the controls that split the sides of the face, "3" will also unhide the individual eyelid controls and "4" will unhide the eye socket bones.

Hope that helps, Jake.

Wile your on face controls hide unhide ,I was wandering if you could take a look at this model for me .I can't use the face controls (its an early version of squetch rig )and I never got to enabling them somehow ,allthough its set up for it .I can't seem to get rid of the text for the face controls in the modeling window ,any help would be very welcome as anything I did learn ,Iv forgotten

rigging2_fixed.zip

I corrected the problems with the FACE interface (file is attached), it should now hide correctly using the Pose. However, in modeling mode, no Pose will hide anything...you'll have to select the geometry you want to see and then hit the "H" key to hide everything else.

The face rig bones don't look like they are being used, you appear to be going for a muscle-based setup. If that's the case, you can delete the mouth, cheek, jowl, ear, nose, tongue and brow bones. You can also delete the "Face_underlying_controls" Poses.

In order for the FACE controls to work, you will have to set up your Poses using the Poses in the "FACE Interface" folder. Mark Strohbehn's tutorials for setting up the FACE controls with muscle Poses are linked on this page.

Hope that helps, Steve.

rigging2_fixed2.zip