Hash, Inc. Forums

X-23 (new)

To get my feet wet after being gone for awhile I decided to re-proportion an old model of mine.

Old Thread: http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45449&st=50&start=50

I think the new proportions look pretty good. However, I am having this weird issue with the hair shadow on the back wall. Anyone know what thats about?

Thanks for looking.

P.S.: I am posting this here because Im pretty sure Im going to finish this model now.

P.P.S.: I am posting a png because I am using Krita now. It doesnt seem to do jpegs without severe blurring. I miss Photoshop :(

13855B0A-1D0C-4AB6-969C-CF144699D48C.png

• ____ 2

Well, switching to ray trace worked. Thanks alot, Robert. Although now the shadow is a little too dark, a little too sharp.

I will see what happens on a simple object. I should mention again that this project is a original v13 project and not a new v19 project.

I am also having a weird problem than when I grap a cp from a direction it immediately moves the cp to the cp in the back. Is this some new setting that I accidentally turned on?

Thanks again.

x-23-31.png

• Hash Fellow

It's possible you have something called "snap to surface" on.

This new feature is for drawing splines/resplining on an imported polygon prop.

Ray traced lights are slow, but you can get accurate fuzzy ray-traced lights by setting the light "width" wider and increasing the "rays" parameter. Use the narrowest width and fewest rays you can get by without grainy looking shadows.

• ____ 1

Hey Robert, thanks that was it. Hey Matt, those are my settings. I just can't figure it out. I might try a new project and bring everything into that and see if that gets it done.

Here's a front and 3/4th view. I changed the lighting a little. Changed the hair a little. Started working on the pants again. I also brought in my Batgirl boots, because they are way better than the ones I had :).

I just rendered this in the window, but it still take a while to render.

x-23-32.png

Working on the hair. I think I got it where I want it. I am trying to get it close to her comic hairstyle and added a blue highlight.

I also figured a way to get better looking jpegs. I just have to send it to my ipad, convert it to a jpeg in procreate, and resend it back to my pc to rename -- *sigh*

x-23-33.JPG

• ____ 1