Journeyman

• A:M User
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Adam Wright
  • England
  • Windows

Posted 05 May 2004 - 10:16 AM

Hi, guys I've been playing around with wav files for my animations and I'm wondering...is it possible to: 1) record a new voice onto an existing wav file so that 2 voices speak at the same time? (the original Wav only has 1 voice) or 2) achieve this effect in any other way? The wav editor I use is VoiceOn. Any help (or just a "no,you can't do that") would be appreciated. Thanks Adam

#2 Godfrey

Godfrey

Wibble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Jeff Lee
  • Tallahassee, FL
  • Windows
  • Programmer:Yes

Posted 05 May 2004 - 10:41 AM

1) record a new voice onto an existing wav file so that 2 voices speak at the same time? (the original Wav only has 1 voice)

What you'll need to do is to get a multitracking sound editor (if you're not looking to spend a lot of money, I'd suggest the free Audacity), put your original soundfile into one track, record the new voice to another track, and mix the two down to a new sound file.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Jeff Lee - godfrey@shipbrook.com - http://www.shipbrook.com
<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Etiam singula minima maximi momenti est</span> - <span style='color:green'>Even the smallest detail is of the utmost importance</span></span>

<span style='color:gray'>Athlon64 3200+, 2GB memory, GeForce 6600 GTOC, WinXP Home SP2</span>

#3 adamjames

adamjames

Journeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Adam Wright
  • England
  • Windows

Posted 05 May 2004 - 10:47 AM

Thanx for the speedy reply, Godfrey. I'm off to download... Adam

#4 amarillospider

amarillospider

Animation Drill Sergeant

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Alonso
  • Sebastopol, California, USA
  • Windows

Posted 06 May 2004 - 09:11 AM

Couldn't you just record a 2nd wav file while listening to the first, then drop them both into your chor? Just a thought -Alonso
Let's see your animation skills. Ultimate Animation Boot Camp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users