Hash, Inc. Forums

Sports Day (2014 Open Games) March

Rodney

This isn't finished yet but I promised to do it for the weekend and encountered a few difficulties along the way.

Its all done in AM.

There are a couple of puzzles with regards to the renders. The set is the same in each section and the same materials are used each time but, occasionally a brown patch will show up on the edges. It will be there one frame and not on the next, I have no idea why that might happen ? I'll post an example later.

regards

simon

Composite.mov

Slalom_C1_091.jpg

Slalom_C1_092.jpg

If anyone else wants to have a bash at it, this is the rather rough model of the slope used, sledges, skiers, skateboarders, roller skaters, spacehoppers, gardeners with wheelbarrows all are possible and more...

Slalom_Slope_03.mdl

If you want to use the same decal map this was it, supplied by Nancy a few days back.

thatched_tile.jpg

This was the map used on the gate flags as supplied by Rodney and Mark

Games.jpg

Revised version of composite with altered animation and changed composite timings and placements.

There is an unmapped patch on the Bear's right wrist which has subsequently been corrected and the cp weighting need to be revisited as it was lost with the revisions mid way through.

Still no idea why the brown sections appear and disappear seemingly at random in the original renders ?

simon

Composite_B.mov

• Admin
Still no idea why the brown sections appear and disappear seemingly at random in the original renders ?

That appears to be your ground plane.

Perhaps it, or your snow model are animated to move up or down somewhere in the animation?

Otherwise I'd say perhaps you have another model in the scene that you haven't accounted for.

That appears to be your ground plane.

Perhaps it, or your snow model are animated to move up or down somewhere in the animation?

Otherwise I'd say perhaps you have another model in the scene that you haven't accounted for.

Rodney

Thank you for your reply and help. The ground and the slope model don't move but, I was just typing a reply earlier when a thought occurred, so checking that now. Initially the slope was green because it made sense to be on grass, so the surface properties were set in the chor to achieve that. When it seemed funnier to do it on snow, I couldn't get the "Not set" option to work in the chor under properties so changed them under the object properties in the PWS.

However, each time I looked in the chor properties it had stayed at green, even when reset. At least that is what I recall. So, have deleted the ground in chor and replaced with the one from PWS, now rendering it through to check.

regards

simon

ManBot5 aka. Boto knows how to party the Olympics. Key is to animate him from the (hip:) pelvis. Starts well with trying to do the helicopter on a bed, then a swivel chair with feet in the air. As few restraints as possible, actually none at first. Then I go back and make the feet look like they drive the action, basically just putting them above the zero plane, but better yet! Delete the floor!...or ground model... and who really notices or cares or actually wants to see it any other way?!?!!!

Actions dragged into Choreographies always has a glitch, but! Render in the Action and place it over something is the way I go. So, just to toss in an opinion, (and I did do the spline shot basketball tutorial), personally, with all due (oh do shut up!)...

I'd get rid of the ground, slalom in free space, and make the slope (currently snow) a disco ball! If I recall the background was black or a flat color which could use a background with...hmmm(fireworks too easy!) Jealous Aliens With Ammo Suckers chasing their lead idiot (in this case Boto) Then!!!

007 For Your Eyes Only, ... Boto managed to piss off the Snowmobile Ski Patrol... armed with... Phaser Locaters (flashlights) But!!!

On the K2! with unemployed newspaper delivery kids on studded tire motorcycles, who don't particularly care for the Snowmobile Ski Patrol but they tolerate them because, well they get the uh <drugs.sh>, only!!! thing of it is! The guys they buy from (Ancient Chinese Mafia) didn't get paid yet! So, although they hate Jealous Aliens With Ammo Suckers, they need money, yet managed to build the Propeller Driven Snowmotube w/ Extra Loud Light Ball Launcher, but! just to up the ante! They just had to bring 3 guys, one with a flute, one with a drum, I forget what the other one does? Carries a flag if I recall.

Anyway, the dialogue gets real heavy when Vera comes into the ski lodge, while Sbarky washes dishes, cooks, mops, etc.

It's more fun to just imagine it, if you can picture it, well much faster! But go ahead and use ManBot5 if you like. Sbarky shares the same skeleton pattern, Vera's slightly different so she can't dance in sync like them, unless she tries. I'd pop Boto's head off and well do whatever.

Sbarky just taking off on a long backflip for starters, just tilting his head back a bit. Upside Down Helicopter move next, then stick the landing 2 inches past the last guy, but no hurry.

ManBot5.mdl

Nice model.

Have you imported it from a polygon model? Why not animate it against the slope, or use one of the setups from the earlier strand ( February Sports Day ). Mark W had a very good Heavy lift setup which is shown in the banner screen at the top of the forum page. Or make your own event and animate that ? I look forward to seeing it in action.

regards

simon

• 2 weeks later...