Hash, Inc. Forums

Animating a decal.

noober

I need to animate the edit for a decal. I have tried all of the ways i could think of. Show drivers in the Chor, Key framing the position of the decal, Even tried to use a avi of basicly what i needed but got no where. After i loaded the avi it wouldn't even show up. Even tried "animating" a projection material. :blink: If someone could show me how to move a decal from point a to pint b in a chor on a model it would be a huge help.

If you mean 'animate the position' of a decal, I don't think you can.

You can swap out different decals using 'show more than drivers'.

post-9673-1233141354_thumb.jpg

You have to decal the item with multiple decals, and then assign 0% - 100% for each decal.

This is a card project that swaps out decals using a pose. (Each 1% moves to a different card, but I got bored after the 5 Clubs :))

cards.mov

Project: cards.zip

If the decal is a static picture that you want to move up and down a model, you could create a small model with just the decal, and then move the model up and down.

Or you could get your avi (I would use a .mov, as A:M seems to play better with a .mov), and import it as an Image > Animation Sequence, and apply it to a simple model.

It will automatically play in any chor.

This project takes the previous .mov and applies it to a bent cube (my primitives got written over - note to self: embed primitives after loading, otherwise they will get bent).

qt.mov

Project: rabbit.zip

• Hash Fellow

Here's another example of moving a projection map

movingMap.mov

turn on "Show More Than Drivers" to vary the placement of the Projection map material. AFAIK you have to do it by typing in XYZs in the properties window, there's no visible control.

PRJ: MovingMap02.zip

Update:

It turns out the projected map will still follow the deformation of mesh attached to a bone. I didn't think it would be able to do that.

This extended mov and PRJ include that.

movingMap3.mov

MovingMap03.zip

• 9 years later...