Hash, Inc. Forums

Sev Trek

Andrew

Hello Everyone,

About 12 years ago I finished a cartoon that I had been working on in my spare time for about three years. The cartoon was called Sev Trek. From a financial point of view, it did very well. First by selling videos on the website, to having a distributor market the DVD worldwide. The rights to the cartoon automatically returned to John and myself a few years ago. So now the cartoon can have a new life on Youtube.
I animated the cartoon from the first scene to the last, and if you watch carefully you will see my animation skills get better.
You will need to be a Star Trek fan to get most of the jokes.
Thanks
Andrew

• Admin

Andrew,

I recall your 'Sev Trek' being popular about the time my interest in Animation:Master was on the rise.

My memory says that it was just after 'Cheese Wars' was popular in A:M circles.

When Mark Largento's Star Trek parodies started to take off they brought your efforts to mind.

If you haven't seen his work... definitely check it out. He also has done a lot of work on 'The Wannabe Pirates' which harkens back to some other efforts circa your Sev Trek's timeframe.

There are some other works from that era that have fell off the radar that I think would be popular if they were given new life.

I'm glad to hear that some financial success followed your efforts.

It was a wonderful time when relatively few people had access to quality software capable of creating CG animation of any level of quality.

And definitely not at any reasonable price!

I'm also glad to hear you have the rights and wish you much success in getting your work out there for a new generation.

Here's hoping your work gets seen by lots of folks to appreciate.

Did you also do the Sev Trek comic strip?

(I might have answered my own question as I see John's signature on a few)

Thanks for posting, Andrew! I've only seen bits and pieces of the Sev Trek movie before now. Going to set aside some time to watch it tonight.

Rodney, Sev Trek goes waaaay back before I'd even heard of Animation:Master. Although, in truth Stalled Trek pre-dates Sev Trek, since the original web comic version was put up in '96. It only took me 16 years to get around to animating it. :-)

Just finished part 5. Great job, Andrew!

I can only imagine what it was like doing it with how much slower computers were at the time.

I loved the gag with the airbags and the crewman flying forward during the battle at the end.

It's been long enough, maybe a bunch of new TNG fans will discover it on YouTube!

You can check out Stalled Trek on YouTube, too. It's here.