• 933 posts
  • Jason Simonds
  • *Admin*
  • Vancouver, WA
  • v18
  • Windows
  • Programmer:enough to be hazardous

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:55 PM

Hello, I was working on something on the server side svn. And the file that holds all of the passwords was lost. I had a back up but was not able to recover them from that. please email me your user name and password and i will re add them as i get the emails. I'm really sorry for the mix up and i'm not sure how the back up failed. There was no loss of data it's still all as it was. just the password file was lost. please email jason@hash.com

#2 robcat2075

robcat2075

persistent smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24049 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • current
  • Windows
  • Programmer:NO

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:07 PM

Ouch. Might want to check the back up of everything else, just in case it's not really backed up either. :blink:

Robert Holmén
------

Got an A:M question? Come to Live Answer Time.   Saturdays, Noon CDT (1700 GMT)

Watch the 2017 "Summer Memories" Image Contest Awards

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

87,848 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#3 Jason Simonds

Jason Simonds

Prolific

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • Jason Simonds
  • *Admin*
  • Vancouver, WA
  • v18
  • Windows

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:25 PM

Ouch. Might want to check the back up of everything else, just in case it's not really backed up either. :blink:

That data on each server is backed up. I was only working on one file svn-auth i typed -c when i meant for it to be a -m and it broke the file. The back up of the file was made while i was opening a large text file to see what was in it and i stopped the open. But i guess it stopped the back up too.

Damn you Linux and not having a system level undo!

As i get the emails i will add people back a.s.a.p and i just made a job to make sure that file is backed up too. Just in case i get a head of myself again.

#4 KenH

KenH

Blind Lord of all he sees.

• Film
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13769 posts
  • Ken Heslip
  • Dublin,Ireland
  • Windows
  • Contests Won:***(mascot)

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:58 AM

A TWO/SO log is used in Lost!?!? Does it get transported back in time!?! Will it ever get off the island!?!?! Oh right....
Vista Home Premium 64 bit/AM v15/ATI Radeon HD3870/8Gb 800mhz DDR2 RAM/e8400 Processor
My AM Goodies Store
My T.W.O models
Get your AM problems fixed at AM:Reports

#5 Xtaz

Xtaz

I A:M 3D Designer

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1814 posts
  • Marcos Rezende
  • Campo Grande / MS / Brazil
  • v18
  • Windows
  • Contests Won:2010, 2012, 2013 Mascots!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:28 AM

A TWO/SO log is used in Lost!?!? Does it get transported back in time!?! Will it ever get off the island!?!?! Oh right....

LOL .....

Peace

Xtaz

3D'ing Sketches

visit my forum´s gallery

#6 Jason Simonds

Jason Simonds

Prolific

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • Jason Simonds
  • *Admin*
  • Vancouver, WA
  • v18
  • Windows

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:19 PM

Hello, The people that have sent me a email have had there SVN info restored. If you have a 'saved' password svn may ask for your password when you commit as we are using a new encryption format. This will not effect the users just how svn gets and stores passwords.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users