• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6904 posts
  • Rodney Baker
  • *Admin*
  • Illinois (not Japan)
  • subscriber
  • Windows

Posted 09 December 2007 - 12:39 AM

Every once in awhile my mind wanders. (yeah... no kiddin')
This particular time it settled on the idea of TWO posters.

Anyone have any ideas or images laying around that would classify as promotional material for TWO?
I'm not suggesting any be used in actual promotion of TWO but I know we have some very creative minds here in the A:M Forum.

(If you are busy animating on TWO this isn't really meant for you but post 'em if you've got 'em... then get back to work!) :P

After creating the attached I noted a few possible improvements:

Loonville Poster
Add Tin Woodman, Scarecrow and Woot into the scene.
Improve the Loonville title; changing it to "Don't go into Loonville"

Witch Poster
Update the Witch to with her fancy new textures (ala Nancy Gormezano)
Pose her so she is facing away from the audience and looking back over her shoulder.
Change the title to "The Wicked Witch's Back!" (Ha! Get it? We are looking at her back? The witch's back? Um... no?)

Yeah... I understand she's not that wicked witch, and no she really isn't back in the movie.
But she does make an appearance in a flashBACK!
Ah well, its only a poster.

Top that you slackers! B)

Attached Thumbnails

• TWOsheet.jpg

"Animation is 90 percent hard work.  The other half is entirely mental!"
See my effort to think about the art of animation at: My Blog
Want to learn A:M? Start TaoA:M

#2 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23827 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows
  • Programmer:NO

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:10 PM

Hey, I like those Rodney. I'm only catching them three years late.

Robert Holmén
------

Got an A:M question? Come to Live Answer Time.   Saturdays, Noon CDT (1700 GMT)

Watch the 2017 "Summer Memories" Image Contest Awards

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

87,848 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#3 Rodney

Rodney

A:M Bot 14309

• Admin
  • 6904 posts
  • Rodney Baker
  • *Admin*
  • Illinois (not Japan)
  • subscriber
  • Windows

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:05 AM

Thanks Robert! I recently came across some drawings I did for TWO that I don't think I ever posted. Back in those days I was a day late and a dollar short on a great many things. If it would help others to post their TWO related musings that'd be fun! I'm sure there is a lot of stuff like that out there.

#4 zandoriastudios

zandoriastudios

AM:Expert

• Hash Fellow
  • 3941 posts
  • William Sutton
  • Ooltewah, TN
  • Windows
  • Contests Won:****

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:45 AM

I printed a nice 16" x 20" of this rendering that I did for the Christian Youth Theater production (early in the project) using Snapfish.

Attached Thumbnails

• Oz.jpg

Will Sutton

Zandoria Studios

#5 Rodney

Rodney

• Admin
  • 6904 posts
  • Rodney Baker
  • *Admin*
  • Illinois (not Japan)
  • subscriber
  • Windows

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:11 AM

Will, I remember your drawing video tutorial of Tin Woodman as well. I'm sure I still have that somewhere. :)

#6 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23827 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:41 AM

I started looking for posters because there's a *possibility* of a screening at a festival and they were asking about posters. Poster printing is rather expensive though, and Rodney's caught my eye because i thought I could just about make a stencil of that and spray paint my own. :D

Robert Holmén
------

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#7 Rodney

Rodney

• Admin
  • 6904 posts
  • Rodney Baker
  • *Admin*
  • Illinois (not Japan)
  • subscriber
  • Windows

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:50 PM

I started looking for posters because there's a *possibility* of a screening at a festival and they were asking about posters.

Poster printing is rather expensive though, and Rodney's caught my eye because i thought I could just about make a stencil of that and spray paint my own.

Stenciling and spray painting posters... Robert you continually amaze me. (Way to think outside the CG!)
What a rare one of a kind original collectors item that would be. :)

It might defeat the purpose of promoting a CG film festival screening but drawing/painting posters (ala original art) sounds like a really cool idea to me. Of course having the festival treat the poster as original art would be unlikely. Having film festivals treat some of the current crop of independent films as artistic treasures is a good idea. If the industry had done the same for the black and white films at the turn of the century we'd have a lot more of them available today.

Edit: If you haven't already contacted Martin concerning the posters you should do that.
My suggestion would be that no matter what there should be a URL on the poster to bring those interested to http://www.hash.com

#8 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • 23827 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:34 PM

I started looking for posters because there's a *possibility* of a screening at a festival and they were asking about posters.

Poster printing is rather expensive though, and Rodney's caught my eye because i thought I could just about make a stencil of that and spray paint my own.

Stenciling and spray painting posters... Robert you continually amaze me. (Way to think outside the CG!)

When I was in college I wrote a symphony and scraped together an orchestra to play it. But how to get anyone to come to listen? I needed something to cut through the 8.5x11" flyers that were plastered everywhere so I designed a 2x3 foot poster and three stencils to do it in red, black and gold and made about 40 of those.

I think it took me at least a week to cut everything out with an exacto knife. It was a horror of too-many-fonts aesthetic but it got the people there.

Edit: If you haven't already contacted Martin concerning the posters you should do that.
My suggestion would be that no matter what there should be a URL on the poster to bring those interested to http://www.hash.com

Martin sent me some "one sheets" which will be satisfactory but they are more geared to the buyer's convention he went to.

Robert Holmén
------

#9 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • 23827 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:56 PM

Quick stencilization Stencilized.jpg

Robert Holmén
------

#10 Rodney

Rodney

• Admin
  • 6904 posts
  • Rodney Baker
  • *Admin*
  • Illinois (not Japan)
  • subscriber
  • Windows

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:14 AM

That should work!

but...

Beware! The URL 'http://www.animationmaster.com' hasn't worked in years.

I see that is still at the bottom of the images.

Maybe I should register that. ;)

#11 mouseman

mouseman

pixelstix

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1166 posts
  • Chris Dailey
  • Alberta, CA
  • v18
  • Windows

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:22 PM

It is registered by Hash through GoDaddy.com; updated on 05-may-2010, expires 01-mar-2015. http://animationmaster.com/ redirects to http://www.hash.com/, but http://www.animationmaster.com/ does not. Both domain lookups return an IP address, presumably the other name would just have to be added to the existing animationmaster.com web site definition that redirects to www.hash.com.

- Chris
Only obsessed people ever accomplish anything. - M. Ashton
My friends dream of retiring to play WoW full time. I dream of retiring to animate with A:M full time.
Design Dynamics and Hit and Run and Eggs, Potatoes, and Bacon

Browse and add information to the Hash Wiki!

#12 Jason Simonds

Jason Simonds

Prolific

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Jason Simonds
  • *Admin*
  • Vancouver, WA
  • v18
  • Windows
  • Programmer:enough to be hazardous

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:00 PM

It is registered by Hash through GoDaddy.com; updated on 05-may-2010, expires 01-mar-2015. http://animationmaster.com/ redirects to http://www.hash.com/, but http://www.animationmaster.com/ does not. Both domain lookups return an IP address, presumably the other name would just have to be added to the existing animationmaster.com web site definition that redirects to www.hash.com.

i added back http://www.animationmaster.com and http://animationmaster.com still goes to the same place but not a redirect.

It may take a few hours for your dns to update.

#13 mouseman

mouseman

pixelstix

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1166 posts
  • Chris Dailey
  • Alberta, CA
  • v18
  • Windows

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:33 PM

Jason - perfect.

- Chris
Only obsessed people ever accomplish anything. - M. Ashton
My friends dream of retiring to play WoW full time. I dream of retiring to animate with A:M full time.
Design Dynamics and Hit and Run and Eggs, Potatoes, and Bacon

Browse and add information to the Hash Wiki!

#14 Rodney

Rodney

• Admin
  • 6904 posts
  • Rodney Baker
  • *Admin*
  • Illinois (not Japan)
  • subscriber
  • Windows

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:26 PM

Thanks Jason.
That's an important link to be able to send people to.

It may seem trivial but betweeen (www.hash.com) and (www.animationmaster.com) it's rather clear at a glance which one of the two is the place to find the world's greatest computer graphics animation program. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users