Hash, Inc. Forums

A:M on MacOS Sierra?

Rodney

• Admin

Who will be the first to test it out?

Here's hoping it will resolve some of the previous issues experienced on Mac OS X.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-sierra/id1127487414?mt=12

MacOS Sierra is a free upgrade.

Primary features: Siri, hardrive management that saves storage space. more effective use of iCloud...

The few reports I've read suggest users are happy with the upgrade.

Just upgraded to Sierra. A:M opens fine and seems to work as expected.

I think it's worth pointing out that A:M was installed already, so that's not quite the same as installing A:M on Sierra first, but so far, I don't see any new problems.

I hadn't heard this, but I was given a choice after the install whether or not I wanted to use the synching and I chose not to.

I had a client pay for Dropbox Pro for me and it works great for me. On my desktop, it's just like another folder and I can access the files from anywhere on the web. It even works with some of the iOS apps I use.

I could see where it would be great if you had multiple computers around the house and wanted to be able to sit down to the same desktop at any of them, though.

• 2 months later...

So I just installed the latest A:M (18.0p+, Intel SSE4) on MacOS Sierra. It launches okay, but then I can't change any settings without A:M crashing. The crash log doesn't really provide any useful insight as to the problem, other than it's a segfault. I also tried the non-SSE4 version (just for completeness), and it behaves the same way. So, I have to say if you have MacOS Sierra, installing a fresh copy of A:M seems problematic right now.

update: sometimes A:M won't even launch - things have not improved! :facepalm: