Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Material or decal

• *A:M User*

Being a novice at decaling and material creation, I am trying to create the texture for the shirt of the character. Any help is appreciated. I have uploaded a sample.

Steve

edit

and really don't know much about photoshop :mellow:

pattern.png

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I usually use Bitmap plus material for fabrics. Using John's shirtpatch.tga image, I created a bitmapplus material and modified the repeat count depending on what you might want, and set seamless=ON.

I assume you know how to make bitmapplus material? (if not see image). All you need to do after creating material is add the image (under Bitmap) and change repeat and seamless. Ignore everything else for now.

bitmapplusPlaid.jpg

createbitmapplusmaterial.jpg

• Hash Fellow

I'll note that, whatever method you choose, you don't need to do the whole shirt in one application. A real shirt would have different pieces of material for front, back, and sleeves and you mimic that in your texturing.

• *A:M User*

Thank John, Nancy, and Robert!

Nancy, I did not know how to do the bitmap plus so thank you very much. Robert, I thought of that and that is excellent suggestion. Thank you John for so quickly answering my question and excellent example. She is nearing completion and hopefully tonight I can update my file and show an example

Steve