Hash, Inc. Forums

OBJ exporter image resolution size

John Bigboote

It should be possible to use 512 and replace the file created with a larger one manually (just overwrite the existing file), if you need a higher resolution... this is just now the only way I know to increase that...

See you

*Fuchur*

If your image is externally loaded you can just ref to a higher res image as long as the directory is the same and image name is the same.

I'm pretty sure you can bake pretty large images so if the exporter doesn't work directly maybe you can export out the image separately and re tag it to the obj. I'll have check that out. ,oat the time I have the image separate initially and load it into AM.

Holy cow... yes! 16,384 is huge- and I imagine there would be some intermittent resolutions in-between?

ALSO- since you are looking into this exporter- when an OBJ sequence is generated by A:M it currently asks on every frame if an image should be generated for that frame, I usually say 'yes' on frame 0 and 'no' thereafter- but if I am exporting 90 frames that means I need to babysit and hit 'no' 90 times... is that the way it should work?

• Developer

Yes there will be intermittent resolutions (1024,2048,4096,8192) . As maximum a decal with 8192x8192 will be possible , because 16384x16384 is too big (around 1,5 GigaByte per decal) ...

The second problem is solved for the next version too.

But please open a bugreport anyway for this .