Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

TSM for A:Mv16 on Mac

Gerry

I tried to utilize TSM on my Mac. I know the historical .hxt limitations for Mac (no more than 6 files in the .hxt folder) so I prepared to do that, then saw that in v 16 there are a couple dozen .hxt files in the folder. Is that limitation gone?

I then copied the three TSM files into the .hxt folder, but got an error message that those files wouldn't load. So I moved them back where they came from and moved on.

So, does that limitation still exist? With a whole bunch of .hxt files, it seems not, but the app obviously doesn't like the TSM files. Anyone know if there's a way to get TSM to work on a Mac?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

TSM2 hasn't worked on the mac for a long time since one of those cat-sounding upgrades came out.

It does work fine on 64 or 32 bit windows with 32-bit A:M and, of course, once the character is rigged it can be used on a Mac.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like TSM Builder no longer works in the latest update to v16 on the pc platform. It does still work in the last beta version, so I'm using that, but with the newer v16.0 with the "RC1" stamp on the startup screen, the bones don't install. Too bad!

I've had a different experience altogether... I actually rigged 4 or 5 characters just last week rather swiftly in RC1 on a PC in the 32 bit version. I'm trying to think what the snag could be on your end... try copying your characters modeled geometry into a new model afresh and try again maybe...?

I have the 32bit RC1 for v16 installed and it worked fine for me (Windows).

------------------

EDIT

------------------

I was going to put a copy of the RC1 installer in my storage for you, Robert...but I think I deleted it accidentally when doing some cleaning.

I have an idea what the problem is. The hxt files aren't in the hxt folder, but they show up in the "wizards" list, so I assumed the new version was seeing the hxt folder for the prior version. is that likely? How would they show up in the wizards list if they're not being seen by the program?? I even got the bones install dialog box. Just no bones. Hm.

I started the TSM installer so I'd have fresh files in the RC1 hxt folder, but got an alert that "TSM is already installed on your system. Please uninstall before running the installer" or words to that effect. So I cancelled the new install.

I'd try from scratch just to test, but I'm in the middle of putting in cog bones etc. at the moment. I'll check it later.

Robert, I can't explain what that's about. I just downloaded it like two days ago from that link, and when I tested it earlier today to see if the link was live, a download started, I just aborted it. Didn't see the file size or anything.

EDIT: Yeah, it's just a 320k file. How come the installer's not there anymore?

Okay, I copied the TSM files into my hxt folder, restarted the machine, loaded up a model, and tried the TSM wizard, and still not getting any bones. What I'll do next is take the half-boned model that I've been working on in the v16 beta and see if TSM flipper works in the RC1 version.

Flipper worked, then I auto-assigned bones, and TSMRigger gave me the error message: "No systems found" and didn't run. No idea what that means, but if anyone wants me to test more, let me know. I'm fine with doing this in the v16 beta for now but I'll do what I can to get to the bottom of whatever this is!

Flipper worked, then I auto-assigned bones, and TSMRigger gave me the error message: "No systems found" and didn't run. No idea what that means, but if anyone wants me to test more, let me know. I'm fine with doing this in the v16 beta for now but I'll do what I can to get to the bottom of whatever this is!

There is also a folder named "TSM2" that should have some folders inside named "characters", "components", "manual" and "scripts"...is that in your HXT folder, Gerry?