Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Clip from my Demo Reel

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah; but..., can she cook?

How does she expect to attract a husband with an attitude like that?

Who's taking care of the children?

What about the kitchen floors? Can she see her face in the reflection?

Are her whites... white and her colors bright as morning sunshine?

Mike Hart ;)

PS - nice work Mike. She dusted off pretty well, I'd say.

Hey Mike, thanks for the reply!

Those are some great question about the character, I'd like to ask her myself, but I'd probably get the business end of her thunder sticks!

thanks

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

Hey Sterling, thanks for the reply. I actually rigged the "Her" model but I did it back in the 8.5 to 9.0 days, so I can't really vouch for it's performance at this point. I also did a lot of reworking the mesh because it was an absolute mess in some areas.

Which brings me to a good thing to remember when modeling, don't overdo it on the splines, too many is a bad thing for animating.

Thanks

Mike Fitz

I actually rigged the "Her" model but I did it back in the 8.5 to 9.0 days, so I can't really vouch for it's performance at this point.

I never would've guessed that you rigged her, with her absence of cogs and all!! ;)

Actually, I've been messin' around with HER (no puns intended) and have found no real problems animating her. My biggest problems are my own deficiencys in manipulating rigs. for instance: how do I use the feet target to position her legs without moving hips somewhat? Stuff like that. Anyway, this thread isn't the place for this conversation, so I'll stop now. But if you have any advice on where I can work on rig manipulations let me know.

Anyway, as I said before, your animation was great! keep it up!

Sterling

Thanks again sterling.

As far as the Her model.... she has the auto cg feature in the rig. You can animate her without the hips being effected by the foot targets by turning off the auto cg pose. I don't remember exactly what it was called but it should be able to find it in the pose/relationship list with the model.

I never liked auto cg, one should be able to find the models center of gravity with out that feature.

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

Mike,

Nice work! The movement could still use a bit more polish in some areas...

- Her weight transfer when she spins around isn't quite working...feels a little jerky, there should probably be more lean in her body during the turn, and the timing of all the parts feels too simultaneous.

- As others have commented, her arms (and body) should show at least a little reaction to the kickback from those guns.

- Her move on "babe" could use more overlap between the body and head gestures.

- Some parts still feel a bit swimmy. Check your curves and watch for unwanted overshoot.

Fun work on this piece!

Hey Justin, thanks for the reply. I just saw your friend for dinner clip, it was spot on!!!!

Anyhows, I see all the stuff your talking about with the clip, but as it stands it's over and done with. Ol Miss WidowMaker is currently being reRigged, so any future clips will have your comments in my head while animating!

Later

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com