Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Distortion Mode in a % pose
Hash, Inc. Forums > General Discussion > Animation:Master
detbear
Within a new pose, can you use distortion mode to move and key cp's......

I get odd results in v16.

William
robcat2075
I'm able to get an expected result. Can you show your example more?
detbear
OK.....so actually it does key BUT here is the real trouble.

After using the distortion handles to morph cps you slide the % slider to see how the transition is
looking......Needs further refinement, so you put the slider back at 100%........Yikes....you can no
longer select the distortion handles.

William
detbear
After distorting out of the gate.......Slide the % slider around and then back to 100% and see if you can select the distortion handles again.

I cannot. It will no longer allow you to select the distortion handles. So you've got to get your distortion done correctly without moving the
pecentage slider. That makes keying at multiple percentages not possible without starting a fresh new distortion box.
robcat2075
QUOTE(detbear @ Mar 2 2012, 11:38 AM) *
That makes keying at multiple percentages not possible without starting a fresh new distortion box.

That is true. That's a limit of distortion boxes.
John Bigboote
Can you reset it by going back into bones mode and then back into distortion mode?
robcat2075
Once you leave distortion box mode you can't get that old distortion box back. Returning to D mode creates a new distortion box unaware of all previous adventures.
John Bigboote
Yeah- that's how it works. I thought he was having trouble just getting back into D mode, you only get 1 go at it.
robcat2075
Maybe... a very determined person could use a distortion box as an action object in an action, that woudl let you key the mesh of the distortion box and then somehow use this action for the functionality of a Pose slider...hmmm... tricky...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.