Hash, Inc. Forums > Featured > Special Topics > Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
johnl3d
Click to view attachment

First attempt

with just 1 tool

here are 3 tools that are similar so can use the same action

Click to view attachment

MMZ_TimeLord
You sure they didn't just get off drugs? There's some serious shakes going on... LoL laugh.gif
steve392
biggrin.gif Thats a great idea
johnl3d
Its a bit too fast but the actual cartoon with them shows them bouncing
MMZ_TimeLord
QUOTE(johnl3d @ Jan 10 2012, 02:14 PM) *
Its a bit too fast but the actual cartoon with them shows them boucing

John,

Didn't intend to sound mean. I would say slow it down a bit and get more fluid between the bounces. A bit of stretch and squash should help some. Take a look at the world famous Pixar hopping lamp for some animation reference.

Show us more!
johnl3d
Mean ...when ...I posted it to get some ideas for tweaking ..thanks for looking
johnl3d
another trial just adjusting stride length

Click to view attachment
Rodney
Much better timing and action-wise John.
I'd say they are 'strolling' in that one. smile.gif

MMZ_TimeLord
I'm not sure if you are trying to duplicate the original animation motion or not. I have not seen the original.

I would tend to make their side to side 'swaying' motion correspond to each step.

Much better though... tweak some more! smile.gif
johnl3d
tried another tweak

Click to view attachment
MMZ_TimeLord
Better...

I think the Hammer's head swinging back and forth could be a bit slower and in time with his steps, kind of like a person bobbing their head back and forth as they step.

The best of the two Screwdrivers is the Phillips. His head swings in time with his hopping motions. The Flat Head Screwdriver is about twice as fast with the head swinging as with his steps... looks all wrong.

Think of how people in a sack race hop.

My 2 pennies...
johnl3d
Thanks I am using the same action on all three characters since they have the same bone setup so it might have to do with scale or length of path/stridelength
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.