Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: KITT - Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
Hash, Inc. Forums > Featured > Work In Progress / Sweatbox
Darkwing
So figured I'd add to my plethora of projects, my first attempt at modeling a car! Now I have horrible car sense to begin with and know next to nothing about cars. Despite that however, there is one car in particular that is definitely the coolest car ever. At least in my puny sense of car stuffs.

So, I give you the beginnings of my model, the car of the future...can you guess what it is? biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Wildsided
Looks like K.I.T.T to me.
Darkwing
Yup, it indeed be KITT!

And here's some more to finish off the knight (get it?). One thing though, why is my Shaded-Wireframe render rendering the wireframe of the lights and not only that, like creating a bunch of lines that are just going through stuff?

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Darkwing
And some more! I'm definitely open to C&C on this one as like I said, I've never built a car before!

Click to view attachment
Wildsided
Well I know i'm liking it so far. Once all the panels are done and you smooth em out it's gonna look sweeeeeet. What are you thinking for the red lights at the front? Animated Decal or a bunch of lights turning on and off in sequence maybe.
Darkwing
That's actually where I'm working now. It's going to be a combination of material driven objects and and actually light done all up in an action to be dropped on the model whenever needed.

EDIT: Apparently this model is already at the maximum amount of patches that my laptop will handle (about 2600) so time to break it up into separate models!
Darkwing
Here's a quick look at the scanner area. Still some tweaks needed I can see smile.gif

Click to view attachment
Wildsided
love it dude. just need to track down that shooom shooom shooom sound effect for when it's strobing.
Darkwing
Thanks! Glad you're liking it!
And this is the last render for today. Probably not gonna get so much done on it after today as I have to start prepping for finals grr

Click to view attachment
Darkwing
I wasn't happy with the body, so I've started to remodel it and the new mesh for it is significantly cleaner and therefore sleeker.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Darkwing
And working on the front some now. This section seems to really help add that 3-dimensionality to the model smile.gif

Click to view attachment
Darkwing
And final render for the day!

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.