Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just A Wooden sword
Hash, Inc. Forums > Featured > Special Topics > Just a Wooden Sword
kwhitaker

Hi here, cool.gif not much excitement around Camp Elderwood, this night, other then the companions are ready to go after the banshee.
any suggestion please post them
TheSpleen
give em a canon.
Banshee will never know what hit her!
kwhitaker

give em a canon.
Banshee will never know what hit her!
laugh.gif ha ha Ya that'll do it
HomeSlice
Way to go kat! One more scene finished smile.gif
largento
How many more scenes do you have, Kat? You've really done a lot of work!

kwhitaker

One more scene finished

Yes, finally. just one more character to get out of Elderwood. thanks smile.gif
kwhitaker
How many more scenes do you have, Kat? You've really done a lot of work!

I have four more scenes that are animated. and yes I've done a lot of work, but... most of what I've been doing for the last year is learning, and reworking scenes that were done.. the real work will come in the next new 20 scenes, attempting new material like a muddy pool, and a stream of water, rain and probably other things I've never tried
it's really hard to keep going forward in the animation, smile.gif when I see so much I want to fix. wink.gif
Thanks largento and HomeSlice
frosteternal
Well, your sense of mood has really come a long way, Kat - the lighting is very strong here. I also love the little character acting details - like the drumming the fingers on "but its meaning is concealed."
One thing stand out though - the eyes - while you have shapes and expressions, they always stare straight ahead. Once you have all other animation done, go back and add some eye darting, swiveling etc.. nothing too extreme - and your characters will really jump off the screen!

Your tenacity is admirable, I can't wait to see what you are up to next!
robcat2075

Hi here, not much excitement around Camp Elderwood, this night, other then the companions are ready to go after the banshee.
any suggestion please post them

They need something to do besides just the conversation.

What are they doing at this camp? Cooking? sleeping? Looking for something? There must be something else they need to do besides talk. Testing their bows? Sharpening their arrows? Roasting marshmallows? Something.

QUOTE(frosteternal @ Sep 29 2009, 07:24 PM) *
One thing stand out though - the eyes - while you have shapes and expressions, they always stare straight ahead. Once you have all other animation done, go back and add some eye darting, swiveling etc.. nothing too extreme - and your characters will really jump off the screen!

I agree there are too many centered eyes. Here's a post I did about not-straight-ahead eyes

Your tenacity is admirable, I can't wait to see what you are up to next!
I'm also eager to see your progress on this.

kwhitaker
Go back and add some eye darting, swiveling etc.. nothing too extreme - and your characters will really jump off the screen

Thank you Frosteternal smile.gif for your always excellent advice ... glad your back

I agree there are too many centered eyes. Here's a post I did about [url=http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=31802&view=

they need something to do besides just the conversation.

What are they doing at this camp? Cooking? sleeping? Looking for something? There must be something else they need to do besides talk. Testing their bows?

Sharpening their arrows? Roasting marshmallows? Something.

Wow, So many good things to have them do, I'll get them busy doing something, now that I have a few choices. i will read you post, i'm sure it will be most

helpful smile.gif : thank you robcat2075 for you really good advice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.